cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Xcelsius 2008 file to Dashboard 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I am having a dashboard built on Xcelsius 2008 with QAAWS connected to universe and Dashboard and now we want to migrate dashboard to 4.0 and we need to eliminate the QAAWS layer and needs to make use of query panel available in the Dashboard 4.0.

We have BO servers and IDT on BO 4.0 and we have unx file ready.

Do I need to create dashboard from scratch or can I make use of existing dashboard.

Regrads,

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

You can use the same Dashboards it will not effect your Design only you have to create a new connection for Fetching the Data and Re point it again to the components.

Thanks,

Daya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abkshatriya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagraj,

You can use your current Design of Dashboard. you just need to Change the Connection Type.

Steps.

1. Select one QAAWS and make a note of all the objects which are their in the QAAWS.

2. Create Connection for all the objects/Prompts which are there in the QAAWS.

3. Map all the object/Prompts of new query to the same place in Excel.

Thanks

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use same dashboards but as you have mentioned that now you want your connection with query panel from IDT then you have to build again your connection from scratch. As Daya mentioned that it will not effect your designs.

Thanks & Regards,

-Harshil

vinay_mhaske
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

You can use existing dashboard.

You need to add new queries from Dashboard Design Queries Browser for all live connections that you have currently. Only important thing in your case is mapping of new Query Browser queries to the same excel range where old live connections are mapped.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Regards,

Vinay Mhaske