cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct update DSO's, How does it gets loaded ? Any suggestion ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a set of SPM direct update DSO's and these DSO's send data to another standard set of DSO's. But I am not sure how these direct update DSO's are getting loaded ? How the hell can we find, what is updating the direct update DSO's and how to load them ? How do I see the data in the direct update DSO's ? Is it same like, right click display data ?  But how come there is no data in those DSO's.

So is it like, once the data is loaded in them and if they update to the other data targets, they wont have any data in them ? Is that how they work ? I mean after the data is loaded to other data targets, it is vanished from them ? I dnt understand how to track these loads. Please suggest.

Thanks for reading.

DR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

yogen_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danniel,

to load data into Direct update DSO we use API and there we call some standard APIs like

RSDG_ODSO_INSERT

RSDG_ODSO_MODIFY

RSDG_ODSO_UPDATE.

and rest is the normal procedure

u can see the data by right clicking and display data ..

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi verma,

I guess these API's are same for all the direct update DSO's then how do we identify which program or logic /mapping is being used for each of the direct update DSO's. It cant be same API to every direct update DSO right ? How to identify which  logic /mapping is being used for these API to any specific DSO's ? You know what I mean. Please suggest the way to load the direct update DSO's with these API's.

Thank You,

DR

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Did ou get the answer, I am facing the same issue, I want to know how my Direct update DSO is getting loaded, I checked the APD tables its now from there, I assume it should be from some Function module , but how to find the exact name.

Regards,
Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel ,

I am sure most of the direct update APDs will be from APDs. please check in APD.. if you are not sure of what APD  and etc.. just open all the APDs and you may find the DSO required.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Did you find a solution for it? I have the same issue.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Direct update DSO are filled by

1. APD - Tcode - RSANWB

2. ABAP code - any specific programs or function modules

3. Manual input - Tcode RSINPUT.

None of these methods will create a Request in Manage screen.

To know which APD is filling this DSO,

a. Goto Table RSANT_PROCESSI.

b. In the selection screen give the DSO name in the field OBJNM(Object Name)

c. Execute.

It will give a list of APDs that are used to fill that DSOs.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I have searched in the given table, I have found few DSO's but unable to find my standard activated direct update DSO in that table. Its strange. I tried all options, D/A etc.

Thanks,

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to open directly the table of active records od this DSO. So go to administration - content - active data. Take the name of table and go to SE11. There use the button Where-Used and you should be able to find everything what is connecting to this table.

Hope this helps,

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Thanks for the update. These are just telling how to create a direct update DSO. But i have many questions like, how do I see....from which FM its getting the data as there is no APD being fed to this. These are getting updated from some API and I would like to know which programs or FM's are these direct update DSO's are getting loaded....so that I can run them to extract the data into it. Will the direct update dso's delete data when the data is pushed to the next level of standard DSO's or its not for sure. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

select the DSO technical name, go to RSA2 T-code. give 8DSOname. click display.

it will give you clear picture about extractor and extranction method.

Direct update DSO will always be Full load. it wont support delta load

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Excellent answer. I was waiting for this info since long time. I have searched in google and could not get how its getting loaded. Thanks a lot of the update. when i have 8DSO name in RSA2, i got the extractor program as FM as RSBX_BIW_GET_ODSDATA. ...so u mean to load the DSO, we need to run this FM in SE37 and execute that to get this Direct update DSO loaded. Is it right ? Is there any other method to get the direct update DSO's loaded ?

These direct update DSO's are sending data to the standard DSO's, ....so after these FM's are executed, the direct update DSO's will get the full load and then when the dtp to the source dso's are executed.....the data gets loaded from direct update dso to those standard DSO's. Is my understanding right ? But when the data gets loaded to the stand dso, will the direct udpate dso get's empty ? why is the data not there in the direct update dso ,when I right click and show display data ?

Please suggest, I am very close.

Thanks again.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The function module you no need to create it will be created automatically. so, SAP will use this function module to bring the data into BW and this function modules will be created automatically.

Direct update DSO will always support FULL update and it wont support DELTA update. so, after loading to standard DSO from Direct update DSO, it just loads the data it wont delete ant data from Direct update DSO.

Some where you are using "delete contents" option for Direct update DSO. please check carefully.

(Previously you guys might think that after loading the data to satandard DSO what is the need of maintaining data in Direct update DSO. so, for this reason you guys might have used the option "delete contents". so that it will delete the data from irect update DSO)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that direct update DSO does not support delta.

1) But why does the direct udpate dso does not have a request in manage.

2) I see the extractor program RSBX_BIW_GET_ODSDATA, but this extractor program is there for all the DSO's, how do i send the data to these DSO's ? In bried how do I load these DSO's ?

3) we have the dtp to run to get the data to the standard dso's ...but im unable to figure out how to load these direct update dso 's ?

In brief, can u pls let me know how do I load these direct update dso's ?

Thank you,

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Sorry. let me explain you clearly.

we have three types of DSO's in BW.

1. Standard DSO  - we can load the data by using DTP

2. Write optimised - we can load the data by using DTP

3. Direct Update - data can be loaded by using API not DTP.

i think by using the above three points you understood what i am saying. for the other DSO's except direct update data loading will happen by using DTP but for direct update DSO data load will happen by using API not DTP.

without DTP you cannot find any requests but you will find the data in DIrect update DSO. DTP functionality is that after executing DTP it will request the data from source by data packets so it will create the requests for everytime the load happens.

This is the reason you dont find any requests foe Direct update DSO.

Hope you got it

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

ya i got it, but I m not sure how do we load these direct update dso's. Where do I find which API's are triggering which Direct udpate DSO ? Can I find that info from anywhere ? I understand that direct update DSO's will not have DTP and will be loaded thru API.  But how to find which API is triggering the direct update DSO ? How do I load these direct update DSO ? I have a 6 direct update DSO's in my project and I am struggling how to load these ?

Any suggestions, cutting it short.. Please let me know how to load these direct update dso's ?

Thanks,

D

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please suggest how to upload the direct update DSO's ? I want to find out which FM /Program/BADI trigger' a load to the direct update DSO. I appreciate it.

thank You,

DR