cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM - Billing plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to use Milestone Billing . However our leading system is CRM. When I read thro some of the SAP help doc.

It says CRM billing plan order can't be used in ERP. What I understand from this even tho CRM billling plan functionality is avilable we can't

create Sales order with Mile stone billing in CRM and replicate to ECC for processing it for down payment with billing type FAZ.

We are using ECC for our billing , we don't use CRM for our billing.

Could some advice what should be the best desing approach.

Thanks & Br

mathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mathi,

Which scenario is used in your system while you are using CRM as leading system? If you use A scenario I think no matter where you bill these sales order can be both available in CRM and ERP.

If you use Standard scenario that will depend on the transaction flow.

CRM   > R/3
Orders created in the CRM Server are transferred to the R/3 Back-end
System. Changes in the CRM document are also transferred to the R/3
Back-end System. However, changes in the transferred R/3 document are
not retransferred to the CRM Server. In this scenario, you should make
changes in the original CRM document if possible.

R/3   > CRM
Orders created in the R/3 Back End are transferred to the CRM Server.
The documents are displayed in the CRM Server, but they cannot be
processed there. The documents can only be processed in the R/3 System.

Regards,

Webster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Webster,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I did not explain in details about my requirement. We want to create Down payment request using billing plan. This requirement is well addressed in ECC. I have configured that in ECC and working fine.However our leading system is CRM , I want to create same Sales order type in CRM and replicate the sales order along with billing plan in ECC.

However I read in SAP help doc it is mentioned below. So I assume we can't use CRM billing plan option to replicate to ECC :

You cannot use CRM billing plans in SAP ERP. However, you can create and change billing plans (periodic and milestone) for ERP sales orders and ERP quantity contracts in SAP CRM. For more information see, Billing Plans for ERP Sales Documents.

Now we compromised our design direction , we decided to create ERP sales order thro CRM using the WebUI - ERP order. I have configured all the related setting in CRM and created ERP order thro WebUI. Now the issue what I facing is Billing plan details are not showing up in CRM UI. However when I viewed the order in ECC I could see the billing plan information are showing up.

I found some OSS note addressing this issue 1663101. I went and checked our CRM system all the relevant corrections are already available. I am not sure what is the issue and why I could not able to see the Billing plan details.

When checked the BSP component - ERP_H and in view ERP_H/HeaderOverviewpage  configuration tab , I am getting below error 'IC web client does not  have component 'ERP sales order'. I am not this error is something to do with this issue.

I am sorry incase if am try to confuse you.

Thanks & Br

mathi

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mathi,

Thanks for your details and I suggest you check below two notes which are follow-up of note 1663101.

All of them are advanced development for ERP Billing Plan in CRM WebUI.

Hope this could help you.

Regards,

Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Webster,

Thanks a lot for you reply.

It is my mistake I over looked the first note 1663101. I went and checked all the technical components with respect to the all the notes what you mentioned already.

However I forgot to verify the business function activation with respect to ERP billing plan. It is mentioned in the first note 1663101 - business function LOG_SD_CI_02.But note  doesn't  say we need to activate.T.code SFW5.

I should have checked that part also. I over looked.It is my mistake.

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it. After activating the business function along with LOG_SD_SIMP_02 dependent BFunction.

Now the billing plan in CRM UI starting showing up 🙂

Thanks & Br

mathi

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

We have similar requests to create sales order with milestone billing in ECC. Can I find out what you did to publish milestone billing plan from CRM into the sales order in ECC in the first place? Does the order in ECC has a milestone billing plan shown in ECC?

I am not too worried about maintaining the milestone billing in CRM at this stage. I am more concerned with the fact that we are not able to push milestone billing into ECC so would like your clarification on that.

We found a note 1620855 and understand that we have to either modify the replication program to include the billing information or to get the BRI to trigger a DMR in ECC. Did you have to do any of these?

Appreciate your advice on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Answers (0)