cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Refresh Structure" feature in Data Foundation does not update Business Layer in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL.

Whenever I make changes to the data source (SAP HANA - Analytic/Calculation Views), and within my Data Foundation in IDT, I use the "Refresh Structure" feature, the changes are seen & completed, HOWEVER these new changes are not seen or updated in the Business Layer in IDT.

Does anybody know why?

If I understand this correctly, if the "Refresh Structure" updates the Data Foundation, does it automatically update the Business Layer?

Its a bit annoying because every-time I add or delete fields from my HANA models, I need to re-create my Business Layer & as a result need to also re-create my report.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Thatoyame

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thatoyame,

After completing the refresh structre, you have to remap the datafoundation to the Business Layer.

Then only you will get reflect the datafoundation changes into the business layer.

Thannks,

Pramod Sabbineni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod.

Ok thanks for that! I now understand how it works!

Take care!

Regards,

Thatoyame

Sujit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

What do you mean by re-map? To try the above solution  I deleted the Country table from the Efashion Data Foundation. Saved the DF. Then tried Refresh Option on BL - No Change.

Then, Right Clicked for BL Properties and at bottom chose the option to Change Data Foundation...still no change.

How do I remap?

For the above example - I hope deleting an existing table from DF will work same as Deleting an Object from underlying source

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I think, you have to open your Business Layer, right click on it and choose "Insert Candidate Objects" in order to refresh your .blx

BR,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

I followed the steps mentioned above, it works perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click where?   I did not get this option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noah,

If you modify your data foundation (by adding some fields), you have to open your business Layer.

Once it is open, right click on the root node of your business layer and then you will find the option 'Insert candidate objects'.

Tell me if I am clear for you.

BR,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have that option - I think because what others have said that this is only available in mult-table something or other.

I am pretty new to Business Objects and we have 4.1 and this is my first experience with IDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noah,

You can refer to this official document (Part 10.14 About refreshing business layers):

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_info_design_tool_en.pdf

If you need more explanations you can answer to this message.

Thank you

Adil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh structure only updates Data foundation - Tables and columns, not Business layer. You have to manually create the objects in the business laye