cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager Self Service for A012 & A002 realationship Manager.

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Manager Self Service for A012 & A002 realationship Manager.

We have went Live with Manager Self Service for the Manager who are

Head of Organisation Unit (A012 relationship) which is working fine

production but now the requirement to give the Manager Self Service for

Reporting Manager (A/B002 relationship).

The following issue are there when we are trying to change the

Evaluation in OADP for A012 manager and A002 Manager they are as

follows:

Manager: Head Of Department having relationship of A012 with

Organization Uni

Homepage Team View: The graphical display of employee is not displayed.

Reporting Manager having relationship of A/B002:

Homepage Team View: The graphical display of employee is not displayed.

In Team: The Team Calendar and Attendance Overview is not displayed.

Employee Information is not displayed.

Can we have atleast Direct reportee & Team calendar for Reporting Manager.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Simple solution is to create a functional module and assign that under OADP instead of using evaluation path...

I did that and it worked for me....

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

I have a similar requirement. Please can you provide more information on which functional module to took a reference to fix this? Is it "HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH" or "HRMSS_TARGET_EVAL_PATH".

I'm looking at primarily removing the further navigation option from the subordinate manager [] within the TeamViewer.

Thanks

G Raj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=190743879

refer here

also, Direct reports is already available, what exactly is your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH....

I created Z of this and fetched only a012 relations. Also delete the restriction parametre in OADP...

Please also refer the link provided by Siddhartha Rajora..

Regards:

Siddhartha

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarhth,

My requirement is to just have the Direct reportees of the loggin manager in Teamviewer.

The navigation list must show only managers of the reporting org.units and not the subordinates of the subordinate manager.

In other words, I want to remove the further navigation option [] from the subordinate manager positions.

I tried using a custom evaluation path in "MSS_BIZ_RULE5" along with "HRMSS_TARGET_EVAL_PATH", but it did not work. I also tried tweaking ""MSS_BIZ_RULE2" with a custom evaluation path. But, it did not help either.

Please refer to the attachment below.

Thanks

G Raj

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Siddharth.

I have a question on the restriction parameter you have referred to.

Were you referring to the Depth of structure in the Navigation Rule when you mentioned Restriction parameter?

Thanks

G Raj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Raj

This can be removed by depth and it can be restricted Usually SAP_MANG, PTESSDIR, SBESX,  ie OSP is a simple evaluation path

check the standard ones available at T77AW and use one of them in your rules above

or in your evaluation path, if you select option exclude managers, it ll exclude all the subordinate managers, under the current manager, and take into account you can use BAdI HRWPC_EXCL_MANAGERS to fulfill your own requirements.

>> I think you don't want this one . But verify

Anyhow, you need to restrict the evaluation path and use a simple one instead of looking at the subordinate of subordinates, try these options.

FM can restrict th structure when it is constructing it! Please refer it and debug.

You could also use the function module HRWPC_OADP_TEST to test the OADP

customizing.

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

It would be of help if you can share how did you go about the changes you made to the FM "HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH".

Thanks

G Raj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you tried using "MSSDIREC for target objects, it will only bring direct and not indirect in your case, this should be for Target objects

Rule for Target Objects  table TWPC_OBJSELRULE

please change this and verify your behavior

an example

MSS_TMV_EE_DIR uses root   MSS_TMV_RULE1

target MSS_TMV_RULE5 (MSSDIREC depth 0)

currently you are using Z_O_NACH< replace it with standard MSSDIREC and check your application again/ or modify this one accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

For direct reportee I created a Z of FM HRWPC_PATHROOTS and attach it to the Z rule of MSS_LTV_RULE1.

Under this FM you can write a code to get only A002 subordinates. Also please take care of resticted objects under this rule. Resticted objects restricts the object to be shown in the o/p i.e position or pernr or org unit. so if you jsut take the pernr of subordinates in o/p of functional module then you need to take care of restricted objects i.e. if p is maintained or not.

Then attach this Zrule to the type of calendar you are using i.e for LEA or LTV or TMV.

For A012, HOD just has to select All Employee from dropdown. I kept the standard config as it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I did it through the MSS_DIREC depth 0 like Rajore suggested and it did not work. It still gets the whole org under the manager. It feels like the standard eval paths are so robust so one should be able to handle it through the standard config with some trial and error but oddly this problem of calling only the A002 relationship is a persistent issue. I used more like a hybrid approach - did change the config somewhat and used Sharma's kind of logic to create a custom FM to be called by the custom rule. It worked.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

do this as suggested by sagar

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3352407

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed it worked! Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha...

Could you pls send me sample code for Z function.HRWPC_PATHROOTS..

Thanks..!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried Sagar's method and it worked. Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

where and which evaluation you changed? which release and can you show your screenshot?

follow this as an example

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=190743879

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the screenshot above I think you have restricted the object types incorrectly.

For the MSS_BIZ_RULE1 you should restrict the object type to S.

For MSS_BIZ_RULE2 you should restrict the object type to P.

For MSS_BIZ_RULE5 you should not put any restriction on object type.

Please check by doing these changes the team view should work for reporting manager.

Also note that with one configuration you may not be able to achieve both reporting hierarchy and head of org unit hierarchy. You would need to configure it separately and change the application parameter of homepage application depending on the user.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sagar

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I couldn't understand whether output of report is correct ?

Otherwise I would ask to check FMs which are available which can construct objects according to the requirement

follow sagars recommendation

former_member455376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using the custom evaluation path S-S-P and through the evaluation path we are getting the list of employee who are reporting to them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have not configured correctly the custom evaluation path.  Run report

RHSTRU00 to check your custom evaluaiton path also check the table T778A for the relationships you have mentioned.

Regards,

LN Bhattacharya