SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to perform FMJ2 - No open items to be carried forward found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

We are performing year end activities in FM and while executing transaction FMJ2 we are facing a problem. We want to carry forward our open PO's and PR's to FY 2013. However when I am executing FMJ2 the system is unable to find any open items although there are sufficient PO's and PR's in the system.

It would be of great help if you are able to instruct me on this topic.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs,

Thanks and regards,

AyanM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, make sure if value types 50/51 are defined for carry-forward and that you have set up carry-forward (reassignment) strategy and it's duly assigned to your FM area/year.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, make sure if value types 50/51 are defined for carry-forward and that you have set up carry-forward (reassignment) strategy and it's duly assigned to your FM area/year.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Can you please guide me in this regard. Where in SPRO do I need to ensure these settings?

Reagrds,

AyanM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Closing Operations - Commitment Closing Operations

Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Master Data - Derivation Strategy for Reassignment

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for guiding me. I have looked into the same and have maintained the configurations necessary. However in spite of doing so when I am running FMJ2 the system is still unable to process the open PR and POs.

Can you give any insight on that?

Regards,

AyanM

Former Member
0 Kudos

First make sure you enter 2012 as 'Sender fiscal year' on the FMJ2 selection screen. Then, pick an open PO created in 2012 (a 2012 PO with at least one line with no GR and IR). Enter that PO# in 'Document number' field and 51 in 'Value type' field. Execute FMJ2 and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minghong,

Thanks for your help. However could you please elaborate a bit further on this matter. Actually following is our scenario:

1. Open PR which has been partially processed (i.e. partial PO, MIGO and MIRO has been done) to be carried forward.

2. A new PO which is yet to processed for MIGO.

3. A PO for which MIGO has been done in the current Fiscal Year and the MIRO would be done in the next fiscal year.

You have pointed out the solution for the above mentioned point no. 2. So what should be my approach for the rest two points?

Thanks,

AyanM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I was looking for and I found it that FMJ2 only select the line when indicator PAYFLAG = 'X'  (this was my problem)

Thank you for your help

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to carryforward a new PO? What is your OFUP setting? As a test, why don't you just create a new PO (or PR) in 2012 and run FMJ2. I think it would be a good idea to isolate a single scenario when we troubleshoot errors.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the following configurations in the places:

1. Closing Operations --> Enter Default Settings
  2. Commitment Closing Operations --> Create No. Range for Fiscal Year Change Document
  3. Commitment Closing Operations --> Define Basic Settings for Commitment Carryforward
  4. Commitment Closing Operations --> Make Settings for Parallel Processing
  5. Commitment Closing Operations --> Enter Settings for Commitment Carryforward Commitment Budget
  6. Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS) --> Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment
  7. Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS) --> Define Budget Entry Documents for Commitment Carryforward
  8. FMG --> Master Data --> Derivation Strategy for Reassignment --> Define Derivation Strategy for Reassignment ( Here the rule I have maintained is FM Area, Fund, Commitment Item, Funds Center and Closing Operations in FM: Sender Fiscal Year in the source fields to Receiver Fund (Fiscal Year Change FM), Receiver Commitment Item (Fiscal Year Change FM) and Receiver Funds Center (Fiscal Year Change FM) in the Target fields)

However when I am executing FMJ2 still I am getting message that no open items are found in the system.

Can you please guide me a little in this regard as this is a very urgent issue. Also please advice whether the configurations that I have maintained are ok or have I missed anything.

Thanks and regards,

AyanM

0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether open PO commitments are created for those POs (FMN4). if FM derivation rules are to be change in new fiscal year 2013 then reassignment strategy will be useful, other wise not required. Seems you are already maintained closing operations all settings. Check it once again settings and value types maintained. Are you using yearly budget or overall budget?

If you execute open PO commitments already, you will receive the same message saying that no open items exit.. check the reports also.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note we are using yearly budgets.

Could you please elaborate whether execution of FMN4 is necessary prior to executing FMJ2. In other words does FMN4 set up the documents that will be carried forward to next fiscal year through FMJ2?

Also can we carry forward documents the PO's for which partial / entire MIGO has been done?

Regards,

AyanM

0 Kudos

Hi Ayan

Please ensure that, before executing FMJ2, FM open commitments should be existed for those POs (you may chekc this in report FMRP_RFFMEP1AX - All Postings). It means while creation of PR/PO budget will be consumed and commitment line items will be created. if commitments are not existed then while execution of  FMJ2 system will not consider for those POs.

If FM is activate, while creation of PR/POs budget will be consumed and commitments are created automatically.  if you want to bring accounting documents in to FM then use FMN0.

The best analysis for this issue is , as said by Ming create one PR/PO and execute FMJ2.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Following is my OFUP settings:

I had also raised the matter to SAP. According to them I am not getting any open items because my customizing settings for closing and value type 51 are set for ledger 9B. I cross referenced it with the document in table FMIOI. Here the document is posted in ledger 9A.

So i need to maintain my settings for closing with reference to ledger 9A and not 9B. However it would be very helpful if you can guide me to maintain this settings as I am unable to find the exact point wherein the same should be maintained.

Regards,

AyanM

0 Kudos

Hi

9A is FM - Payment Budget, 9B is FM-Commitment Budget, Please check the below settings.

1. Define Budget Category - Payment Budget

2. Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment  - 9F

Let me know if you need any.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my current settings under define budget category:

and this is the setting for Budget Carryforward for Commitment :

Now by keeping these settings I am able to run FMJ2 but only invoices are picked up during the run and not PR and PO. However as per my requirement I need only PR and PO to c/f and not the invoices.

Can you please give your feedback.

Regards,

AyanM.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know you are using Payment budget only or Payment and Commitment budgets together. if it is only payment budget then no need to select comment budget category.

Try to Make settings as 'Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment' is 9F.

After all the settings made try to create a new PR/PO and execute FMJ2.

Let me know the result.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli, Minghong and Rao,

Thank you very very much for your guidance and support. I have been  able to resolve the issue and successfully run FMJ2 with favorable results. I was unable initially because my entries were posted in ledger 9A and my system settings corresponded to ledger 9B. So i made the following settings which allowed me to run FMJ2.

SPRO --> Public Sector Management --> Funds Management Government --> Closing Operations --> Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS) --> Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment

Regards,

AyanM