I am currently analyzing a new solution for SAP Customer invoice number range management.
Business requirement :
Within the same company code, all customer invoices (both coming from SD, AND manually posted in FI) must have the same continuous document number range in FI.
For customer invoices coming from SD solution is :
- SD billing document number range is internal and has same number range as FI document number range (RV set as external)
- With above settings, SD billing document number is the same as FI document number
For customer invoices manually posted in FI issue is :
- Currently, FI doc type DR is used but it has a different number range than customer invoices coming from SD.
- If I use doc Type RV (with external number range) doc number needs to be defined manually with a risk of overlap with the number assigned by SD.
- Ideal solution would be to automatically determine doc N° to be used in FI posting based on last SD number and increment the sequence in SD after FI posting…..
Question 1 : do you know if a standard SAP standard solution to enable enables FI document number range to align with SD billing document range (even for direct postings in FI) ?
Question 2 : have you ever implement this kind of solution ? Did you have any constraints ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Hope you know that SD billing document numbers are not dependent on Fiscal years but FI document numbers are always fiscal year wise. After every fiscal year how you will manage to maintain SD billing document numbers? Similar case was discussed some months back and I was searching that link but didnt find. But I found some other links which you should check.