Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Database View in SE14

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

seems to be a basic problem but I just cant figure out

I had a req where i needed to add an append structure to database table COBK, which I did (appended lifnr and name1) but later deleted the append structure as i did not need it. But in doing so I think i made the database inconsistent in some manner, thats because while doing se14 on cobk i think i deleted the table, however i later restored the table and activated it as well, all was fine, i checked the database object from se14 and it does not contain my append structure, neither the runtime object.

But the problem is that there was a database join covp that uses cobk and coep tables that now shows itself as deleted from the database and when i try to create it in se 14 by 'create database view, it throws a conversion error: ORA-00904: "T2"."NAME1": invalid identifier

Table T2 is the tale cobk and NAME1 was one of the fields in my append structure, some how cobk still has these fields somewhere and therefore i cannot create the view covp in the database. Lots of std. transactions are dumping because of this. Can anyone please help ??

Thanks

Sameer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

in SE14, Please check to activate database and runtime object for both tables

If still not working, then use force activation. Check if there are any inactive append structures

2 REPLIES 2

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

in SE14, Please check to activate database and runtime object for both tables

If still not working, then use force activation. Check if there are any inactive append structures

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem solved by activating the view in SE11