WH: WH1

BIN :A1....

Assignment 2:

Plant : P2

SL: S2

WH: WH2

Bin : B2...

Both plants contains HUs.

Due to the fact WH1 and WH2 are physically closed and to increase logistics flexibility, I would like to assign the same WH number for both P1/S1 and P2/S2.

I noticed there is no problem to change WH asignment from P2/S2 to WH1 then I did.

Then I created bin B2 into WH1.

But I did not succeed in moving one HU from bin B2/WH2 to B2/WH1: I tried with LT09, LT01, HUMO, HU02, MIGO transfer posting 311 ...without success.

Does anybody would have an idea to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliva,

1.   To post movement for handling units(Hus), proceed as follows

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/73/f53649dd7a11d3b4fe006094b9b9dd/content.htm

thanks

Jinu Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinu,

Sorry but this does not help...instead of MIGO is used VLMOVE...

But this still does not allow to transfer one HU from one WH to another into the same plant/SL.

Another idea?

Thanks.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you used 301 mvt type to transfer the HU.Use MB1B transaction then once you saved the document it will create outbound delivery.After creation of outbound delivery then you can do warehouse activities.Please let me know if get any error in this process ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure 301 is the right mvt code to process in that example.

As it is a one-step procedure, I do not have the possibility to change WH in between to make the movement from one WH to another.

I thought a movement in 2 steps is more applicable:

- plant to plant picking: mvt code 303

- then I changed assignment of the P2/SL2 from WH2 to WH1

- plant to plant putaway: mvt code 305

->an inbound delivery is created, containing HU. When I want post goods receipt, I got the following error message " Storage unit xxx is without appendant HU"

And I have no clue to correct that issue.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried VLmove 301 option to transfer the HU to diffrent plant ?.I hope it should work.Can you please try and let me know the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With 301, as it is a one step procedure, I do not have the opportunity to change assignment of WH2 to WH1.

Then the result is I moved a HU from P2/SL2/WH2 to P2/SL2/WH2 ... means no change!

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

after 303 movement, what is the HU status? Transit? And what about after 305?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

After the 303 mvt, the HU status is : PSTD Goods Issue Posted.

I don't succeeded in posting the 305 mvt because of error message :

" Storage unit xxx is without appendant HU".

Thank you for your help.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to generate de Inbound delivery via MIGO, and then pack the HU and post it? Check this process instead of VLMOVE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I tried with MIGO 305, and when I want to save I got the error message:

"Error occurred during WM processing for posting change delivery

Message no. L9612

Diagnosis

The indicator AUFER from the delivery type contradicts the storage location constellation that was determined by the WM system.

TVLK-AUFER = 'O'

WM = 'U' "

Thx.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well,

I think SAP is not able to work with a unique warehouse number assigned to two different plants. How does SAP know which storage bins belong to plant P1 or P2?? A simple bin-to-bin movement would be a mess (is it a plant transfer or not?).

In conclusion, I suggest that you forget about it.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pablo, SAP is able to work with 2 different plants in one warehouse.

We have this setup and it is as well documented in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/es/c6/f838d24afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sure! But if you review the documentation carefully you will read:

As a rule, it is a good idea to manage only the stocks of one storage location and the same plant within a warehouse number.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe a comment for the starters

a warehouse describes a physical building,  if I store material of 2 plants in that building then I get the best capacity results   if  the items can be stored  anywhere as if it is just one plant that is managed in that warehouse. no reserved spots for per plant.

This is just a real situation in many chemical places where big old companies got sold partially to other companies, but will still be managed in the same SAP system for several years.

Unfortunately I cannot help on the initial question, as we do not do HU management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pablo and Jurgen for your comments.

Unfortunately this does not solve my problem.

It is difficult for me to resign myself to stop investigating on that because I'm still not sure a transfer from WH to WH within the same Plant/SL is not possible.

Nevertheless, I have no more idea to continue...

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try a plant to plant transfer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried ... but also without success!

Does anybody have an idea?

Txs