cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VE Viewer API's for ABAP integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am completely new to SAP VE and my customer wants to evaluate if it's possible to write an own application (ABAP or maybe Portal) to communicate with VE Viewer the following way:

1) An area to the left with a tree structure displaying products/BOM's. When the user clicks somewhere in the tree, the VE Viewer should open up in an area to the right, displaying the chosen product.

2) The user clicks on a part of the model in VE=>signal back to the calling application which  part/sublevel product that was clicked by the user => the tree structure to the left could be further opened, highlighting the part of the product/BOM that was clicked.

Is such a communication with the VE Viewer possible to develop? Is there any documentation/list of available API's etc to be found? Any help most appreciated!

Best regards,

Henrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

Their is an SDK going to be released in the future for developing customized applications.  I am nearly sure you will have a set of Javascript and C API to interface with Viewer, Author and Generator.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

thanks for your reply! Do you happen to know approximately when the SDK will be available, I mean is it before the summer, before the end of the year or what?

Also, since it's already integrated in NWBC (through WebDynpro ABAP and ACF framework if I have understood it correctly...), do you think it would be possible to find out how it's done there, if we would need to start development before the release of the SDK.....?

Kind regards,

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

I will have to get back to you on this, i will contact the owners now and hopefully have some info for you soon.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

Here is some more info for you, hope it helps.

Going forward customers will find SDKs under SCN Developer Center on
SCN in “Tools and SDKs”. http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center

SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications SDK

• Free on SCN
  • Available Now  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38584

• Allows users to embed our viewer in their custom “Apps” on iOS, Android, and Windows.

SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer SDK

• Free on SCN
  • Tentative release date is April 26th 2013on
    SCN        
  • Allows users to Embedded VEV in SAP Solutions, HTML, etc. and customize User
    Interface.

SAP 3D Visual Enterprise core SDK

• Free on SCN
  • Tentative release date is May 10th 2013 on SCN        
  • Allows developers to create plugins for VEG, VEA and VEV.

SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator SDK

• Available Now
  • Ships with VEG Solution Installation on SMP

• Allows users to customize Generator and Integrate to other applications.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

this looks promising, thanks a lot for your help!!

Kind regards,

Henrik

0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

I am trying to build a custom application in SAP GUI which will load MULTIPLE assembly models of a BOM into the Viewer, finding it very difficult to build an application.

Read the blogs & SDK, but not much information, please help with some information.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear All

Unable to open the below link, finding it very difficult to build a custom application SAP GUI with VE embedded, please support with some good material

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38584

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer and I need to use it integrated in SAP UI. The idea is that on Citrix is working just for SAP Gui.. and in NWBC the viewer can't be loaded as a plugin. Plugin is not loaded and we only see a red cross like known from graphics that are not loaded in a web page.

Any idea will be helpful.

Kind regards,

Cristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian,

I propose you open a new topic, reason being is this topic has been resolved.  Have you viewer installed in Citrix environment.

If you could open new topic it would be great, it will be easier for others to find also.

Kind Regards

Fergal.