cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo - Client Time Zone error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are working on Agentry Server Version 6.0.18.0: since we switched to Daylight Saving Time on March 30th we are gettng the following error message in Logs -> Events file:

04/10/2013 08:56:34, 0,    20,   154, Thr   4320, Client Time Zone 'ora legale Europa occidentale' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini

(trans. Western Europe DST is not recognized and no alias....)

I checked the Agentry.ini file and we only have the following entry:

[TimeZoneAlias]

ora solare Europa occidentale=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

How can we get rid of this error message? Do we simply need to add a new entry for DST in Agentry.ini file?

Thank you

Antonella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just in case nobody knew.

This issue or steps to resolved issues like this is documented in the SAP support portal KB article:

Knowledge Base # 1813025 - Error: Client Time Zone is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini - Agentry.

You will need access to SAP notes or Support to see it.

Quick link:

https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1813025

The summary of the knowledge base:

• The Server (hosting Agentry) will understand the time zone listed in the OS
  • The Mobile Client will understand the time zone listed in the mobile OS
  • The rule is to map both of them so that they understand each other
  • The agentry.ini in the Agentry server under [TimeZoneAlias] is the area where to map it
  • Formula or sytax: 
    • Client_TimeZone=Server_TimeZone
    • So from the example above:

ora legale Europa occidentale=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

• The left part of the equals is the Time zone understood by the client while the right part of the equal sign is what the server understands
    • After modifying the agentry.ini, a restart is needed so that the Agentry server will be able to take the new values and continue

Best practice for admin or designer:

• Before deployment: Make sure you have accounted all your PDAs, Mobile devices and languages. You need to look at all their setup for Time Zone and map it all in the agentry.ini of the Agentry server
  • During deployment or QA, look at the events.log file. If you see any issues as listed in the subject header above "Client Time Zone 'ora legale Europa occidentale' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini" try modifying the agentry.ini right away to get rid of this issue.
  • Note: If time zone is not properly setup there is a chance that the default time will be used (server time) instead of the client time. So if I am in NY (eastern time) and my server is in UK, when I click TECO or complete, the time may be based in UK not NY. I said chance because this are all application specific.

Other Known Troubleshooting with respect to this issue:

• Sometimes special characters have an issue when read in the Agentry server even though you followed the steps above and it still did not work
  • Known resolution is to save your agentry.ini in Unicode instead of Aschii

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Antonella!

Have you solved this problem? I have the same trouble...

Best regards,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

yes we seem to have solved the problem by just simply adding new entry related to Daylight Saving Time Alias in Agentri.ini file

Now our Agentry.ini looks like this (second row is the one we added)

[TimeZoneAlias]

ora solare Europa occidentale=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

ora legale Europa occidentale=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

and then we restarted.

Bye

Antonella