Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 - Disable cells

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can I disable an input cell in sm30 when in a previous cell the user insert a specified value?

For example if I have: Field1 and Field2

if in Field1 user puts value 'A' I want to disable Field2 and if in Field1 user puts value 'B' I want to enable Field2.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi miloni,

Please check the below option in the table maintenence generator,

SE11--> table name--> change--> utilities-->table maitenence generator -->enviroment-->modification-->Events

There you can create a form in a program and assign the same in the event section.. Inside the form you can write the validation..

Regards,

Barath

former_member15255
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pietro

Please make use of EVENTS. There are around 36 events provided in SM30.

Regards

Suresh Nair

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case if you want to go via another approach, you can use PAI option.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That requierment seems to excedd the capacity of the dialog maintenance generator, you could code this in PBO of the generated screens (beware of deletion during further changes) or consider building your own report to manage the table.

You can build a simple maintenance dialog, where you will use of the SM30 functions to select or insert/update records calling FM like VIEW_GET_DATA or VIEW_MAINTENANCE_SINGLE_ENTRY)

Regards,

Raymond