cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing SD invoices in SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to store the outgoing invoices generated by the Sales department directly into SAP DMS. The below link (discussion) explains the same req for Documentum.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1384520

We need to use the same configuration for DMS (Content server) also?. If this is the case, how to find the stored invoices or original files at a later point of time (assume search like in CV04N), because here we are not giving any DIR info or meta datas. Here only direct print & archive happening. Please help regarding this.

Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

FYI, this requirement was achived sucessfully by means of done the below configuration.

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs & help. I post the configuration details below:

Please configure the below steps:

1. In Transaction OAC2: Created a document type 'SDOINVOICE' with Class as 'PDF'.

2. In Transaction OAC3: Link this 'document type' with Business object. choose the below options:

Object type = VBRK
   Document type = SDOINVOICE
   Link Status = X
   Cont.Rep.ID = Respective Archivelink content repository ID
   Link = TOA01

3. In Transaction NACE: Set the output control.

Application = V3 - Billing

Outputypes = ZRDF 
   In Storage system tab: Storage mode = 3 print and archive

Document type = SDOINVOICE

4. In Transaction SPAD: Check whether already a output device ARCH exists in SPAD.

If ARCH is not already existing in SPAD, try the following:

1. Call transaction code SPAD.

2. Click on Output Devices-> Display.

3. Click on Change.

4. Click on Create and make the following entries:

Output Device = ARCH

Short Name = ARCH

Device Type = ARCHLINK: SAP Archive Link Archiver

Spool Server = Press F4 to get a list of spool server. Choose one of them as per requirement.

Device Class = Archiving Program

Change to tab 'Access Method' & enter value in 'HostSpool Access Method' = I: Archiving Device

5. In Transaction OAC0: using this transaction finally add the above Output device 'ARCH' in your Archivelink Content repository.

Select F4 in 'OutputDevice" field & choose 'ARCH'

Now give the Print & check whether you receive the message as 'Archived Successfully'.

Regards,
Vignesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Good to know your issue is resolved. You may close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Can you please guide me with similar kind of steps to configure the archiving for delivery document also.

We need to store (archive) the SD delivery outgoing documents in a external server.

Please suggest me the configuration steps and the details like object type, document type etc..

relevant to archive the delivery documents.

For sales order document archiving, we followed the steps as in the thread and it works

Thanks

Sudesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I solved this requirement & also I published the result.

So I am closing this thread. Thanks very much for all your help.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh, Deepak

Can you please guide me with similar kind of steps to configure the archiving for delivery document also.

We need to store (archive) the SD delivery outgoing documents in a external server.

Please suggest me the configuration steps and the details like object type, document type etc..

relevant to archive the delivery documents.

For sales order document archiving, we followed the steps as in the thread and it works

Thanks

Sudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how did you solve it please?

danny

viveka_schwartz3
Explorer
0 Kudos

It shouldn't be necessary to use an external archive like Documentum or Open Text.  SAP Content server should be fine to use as well for this scenario. Please note this is an archive link scenario - not DMS.

Make sure you have done all settings correct:

NACE: Output Control
Chosen V3 (Billing) application -> Output Types
Output type RD00 (Customer Invoice), updated Storage system tab with the following values:
storage mode = 3 print and archive
document type = SDOINVOICE

* OAC0 (Content Repository) = YX (your repository in the SAP Content server )
Document Area should be ARCHIVELINK, HTP Content server, version no 0046. Make sure connection test passed successfully

* OAC2 (Document types)
SDOINVOICE associated to document class PDF

* OAC3 (Links)
Create a link between Object type VBRK (Customer Individual Billing Document), Document type SDOINVOICE (Billing document) and your content repository created YX above;

* make sure that output device ARCH was implemented in SPAD and also maintained as output device for the content repository in OAC0.

(Settings in SPAD:
Output Device - ARCH
Short Name - ARCH
Device Type - ARCHLINK: SAP Archive Link Archiver
Spool Server - Pressed F4 and selected one of the Swedish spool servers

Device Class - Archiving Program
--
In tab Access Method:
HostSpool Access Method - I: Archiving Device
)

* Ensure that you have Auth.object S_SPO_DEV for the user which was running t.code VF02. Check OSS Note: 639149.

Kind regards

Viveka Schwartz

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

• OAC0 (Content Repository)

Created a repository in Documentum with Document Area = ARCHIVELINK and connection test passed successfully . Configure SAP content server for this.

• OAC2 (Document types)

SDOINVOICE associated to document class PDF

• OAC3 (Links)

Created link between Object type VBRK (Customer Individual Billing Document) and Document type SDOINVOICE (Billing document) in the content repository created in OAC0

For storing the documents you need to use Service object link " Top left Corner icon on GUI screen"

. In this choose Store business documents

No need to documentum here. You can use SAP content server to store the documents.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for the information.

FYI,.. This settings are already in place, but the requirement is to store the pdf invoices using the Header -> Output option available in Billing screen (VF02). Here the printing & archiving to be happen at same time while saving the billing document. For this req please help.

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

to store the pdf invoices using the Header -> Output option available in Billing screen (VF02). Here the printing & archiving to be happen at same time while saving the billing document

To implement above feature you need to implement 3rd party tool like Documentum or Open Text.

These are termed as printlist feature within these tools.

Standard SAP DMS cannot deliver this.

Regards,

Deepak Kori