Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems activating a transparent table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I made a transparent table but I'm having problems when trying to activate it, this is because an error always shows up whenever I add a package and says "The object must be a local object ($TMP)" therefore I just can save it as a local object and it's not possible to transport it. Do you have any idea why is this happening? Maybe I'm not making a configuration I should on the table or I don't know...Please let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm guessing that you have a component in your Z table (say, a data element or a search help) that was created as a $TMP object.

As an experiment, try creating a simple new (Z) table with only SAP standard data elements, and see if you can save that to a Z package. If that works, then the problem is definitely in your original Z table.

cheers

Paul Bakker

2 REPLIES 2

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm guessing that you have a component in your Z table (say, a data element or a search help) that was created as a $TMP object.

As an experiment, try creating a simple new (Z) table with only SAP standard data elements, and see if you can save that to a Z package. If that works, then the problem is definitely in your original Z table.

cheers

Paul Bakker

0 Kudos

You're right. Two fields are Z. I first checked, as you said, creating a new table and it worked perfectfly. I guess I'll have to ask for the correct fields or look for another ones I can use. Thanks a lot!

Regards.