Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUIBB Component configuration is inconsistent with application UI

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working in SAP transportation management 8.1 system.

In forwarding order application, we have some customer specific fields are added to existing standard forwarding order application via enhancing the component configuration.

But now if i open the enhanced component configuration, i  can't see all the fields not visible in component configuration which i can see in application UI.

I am expecting all the fields(Both custom fields and standard fields) should be there in the enhanced component configuration. But i see both are not aligned each other.

Please guide am i missing any roles or any notes to be implemented?

Attaching the screenshots for your reference.

Below screenshot is application UI.

Below screenshot is enhanced component configiration.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

holger_polch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

you need to distinguish between the Standard Configuration and its enhancements.

• When adding new customer specific fields to a Standard Component Configuration, these new fields will not "change" the standard component configuration. So when you now display the enhanced Component Configuration, the enhanced fields will not be listed there. That's not an error but it's designed this way.

• Instead the new fields are part of your enhancement that you can display as follows:
    • When starting the Component Configurator for the enhanced Standard Component Configuration, check the URL in the browser. It initially contains "configure_component".
    • Example URL: http://server.xyz.port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/configure_component

• To see your customer specific extension fields, etc. you need to switch to the customizing mode so to say and then display the corresponding Standard Component Configuration in this mode.
    • The difference is in the URL: instead of "configure_component" replace "configure" with "customize".
    • Example URL: http://server.xyz.port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/customize_component
    • Only in this mode you can see Standard- and customer-specific fields together in the Component Configuration Editor.

• Remark: If you have created your very own Component Configuration, e.g. for a completely new UIBB that you want to integrate into a Standard Screen, the Configuration is your very own development object and can be created and displayed in the usual "configure mode". Only when you need to add a wire to the standard Component Configuration where your UIBB shall be integrated, you need to do this in customizing mode. The corresponding Wire Definition to be defined will then only be visible in the Standard Component Configuration via customizing mode.

Hope this clarifies your question. In case of further questions, feel free to address them here in the blog. I'll try to help out.

Best regards,

Holger

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Holger,

Thank you very much. Now if i open the configuration in customizing mode i am able to see the standard fields as well as newly added custom fields.

But currently if i right click on UI -> select more field help. I only see standard configuration name although the UI is enhanced. I am manually checking what is the enhanced configuration name since i know UI is enhanced.

But as a standard process how do i make sure or understand particular component configuration is enhanced or not?

Please help.

Thanks,

Bharath.

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Whenever you customize a component configuration like this, you do not end up with a new development object. Rather, the customizing settings are stored separately and effectively grafted into the standard configuration at runtime using a functionality in the WDA Configuration Framework referred to as Delta Handling.

If you want to create a more pronounced separation, another alternative would be to enhance the component configuration using the corresponding menu options of the Component Configuration editor tool. This creates a separate development object that you can access via the ABAP Repository. You can basically achieve the same results using both approaches, but component configuration enhancements do support more advanced customization options than what is available in the customization layer. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

James

holger_polch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

to check whether a particular component configuration contains enhancements/extensions, you can use the following WD application:

• It allwos searching for a configuration (or a list of configurations) and navigating to the available customizing / personalization / enhancements.

• You can see in the screen shot above what it looks like: An Entry with user = * and Uaser Scope A indicates that this is a Component Configuration customizing valid for all users while you can see also personalization entries here that are just relevent for the corresponding user.

• You can then navigate to the Component Configuration Editor from here and see the related enhancements done for the Standard Component Configuration.

I

• In case of your very own development objects, i.e. your very own Component Configurations you will find them here too or alternatively, you know the package(s) where they are stored in and can access them also via SE80, etc.

Best regards,

Holger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. From what I read above, I gathered the following:

1. You enhanced a BOPF node/structure to include additional customer fields.
  2. You then added said customer fields to the /TMPAN/WDCC_FWD_ORDER_GEN component configuration via customization.
  3. Now, the fields show up on the UI at runtime, but you're not seeing the customizations applied to the /TMPAN/WDCC_FWD_ORDER_GEN component configuration after the fact.

Am I correct so far?

If so, may I ask how you added the customer fields to the /TMPAN/WDCC_FWD_ORDER_GEN component configuration? I'm thinking that you enhanced the component configuration in customizing mode (e.g. you opened up the application in the Web Dynpro Explorer tool and selected the menu option Web Dynpro Application --> Test --> In Browser - Admin Mode or used the sap-config-mode URL parameter). Is that correct? If so, is that the same path that you are taking to come back in to edit the component configuration after the fact?

Thanks,

James

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear James,

Thanks for your reply.

I was not involved during Implementaion phase. But i am started with supporting for SAP TM.

I do not know how it has been enhanced.

I have done manual analysis to understand there are some enhancements done to the standard application.

Thanks,

Bharath.

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Based on what has been described in this message thread, it would appear that many (if not all) of the customizations have been applied via the customization layer. If you need to take inventory of what all has been touched so far, you might be able to find what you're looking for in table WDY_CONF_USER. Here, I'd suggest opening up SE16, and selecting WDUSER = *, USER_ID = A, and CONFIG_TYPE = 7. Provided there aren't that many non-TM based configuration initiatives going on, I think you should be able to compile a list of touched components by looking at the COMPONENT_NAME field. Thanks.