cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.1 SP6 Upgrade and JDK revision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using XI 3.1 SP5 in Windows environment. We are planning to upgrade to SP6 for the Java 7 support.

In the whats new doc of SP6, it was mentioned that

The bundled web application server installed with XI 3.1 SP6 is Tomcat 7 (with JDK 1.6). Tomcat 5.5 is no longer bundled or supported.

And in the supported platform, we could find that JDK 7 is supported as well.

As i am new to the administrative side of the business objects, can someone tell me the step by step procedure, that i need to follow to upgrade jdk 6 installed by the XI 3.1 SP6 upgrade installation to jdk 7 in the BO Server.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the details about this process in the BOB forum. References are SAP Notes 1183469 and 1252507. Just posting it here so that it will be useful for someone who is trying to find solution for similar issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for posting this question and especially the answer!  We are VERY concerned about the security vulnerabilities in Java and have been applying the latest patches throughout our environment.  But I was concerned about the possible impact upon our Business Objects BI Platform and was trying to track down the best practices.  Thankfully I found your answer which references the SAP Notes I sorely needed!

Answers (0)