Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: call failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying a Sync scenario PROXY -PI - SOAP, while sending 2 MB of data using PROXY using PI 7.3 SP5 , i am able to get proper response, but if data size is huge (22 MB) , getting the below error

SOAP: call failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Generally how much maximum size of data a message/transaction can handle.

Does every adapter has a specific size of message/transaction handling max.

Thanks,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all on helping out on this issue.

Actually the problem is with web service team, they changed some parameter form their side to handle huge data. Now it is working fine. No changes in PI.

Thanks,

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your SOAP receiver developers how much data (or timeout) they have set.

As Udo mentions, it was them who broke your connection.

By the way, I think PI defaults to 3 minutes for SOAP transactions, at least we found that on our system for sync messages...but you would get a different error if PI was timing out.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Aaron,

I spoke with webservice development team, they have set data size to 2GB and timeout to 10 mins.

But still we are getting same error "SOAP: call failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error"

till 2 MB it is working fine more than that no luck.

Thanks,

Baskar

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Please check SAP note 1405895.  

Regards
Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Please try sending the data using SOAP UI . This will help you determine if the problem is in PI adapter (in that case you might need to upgrade SP) or the problem is in receiver socket ( which has limitation in size of data it can accept). Accordingly further steps can be taken.

Regards

Anupam

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

the adapter worked properly, the behaviour is caused by the receiver system.

/Udo