cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP5 MSS Add-On does not show direct reports in all views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using using MSS Add-On 1.0 in NW 7.3 Portal (with ECC 600 EHP5 in backend).  We are trying to get some of the functions working – it is currently out of the box and we have not made customizations yet.  I am logged on with a user who is a Chief Position holder with several direct reports.  However, they are not showing in all of the areas.  For example, the direct reports show correctly in Team view on the Home page as well as the Employee Information page.   They are not showing in the following Time views: 

1. Time Recording (on Home page and when link to launch Time Approvals) and
  2. Team page (Attendance Overview and Team Calendar).

For these Time views, it only returns MYSELF (the chief position holder) for, both, the "Direct Reports" and "All employees." 
Please note: my user has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorizations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

are you using the standard evaluation paths for these?

Also refer help documentation

http://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/C5/963832C8CE4BC4A4AE664

020627AFA/frameset.htm

Personal Management  Manager Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP)  Team

View->Home->Home Page->Team View

note that

,Team View - We have not provided an option for 'Direct Reports' and

'All Employees'. We expect the end user to navigate using the drill down

possibilities in the Team Viewer.

you can run RP_CHECK_LAUNCHPAD_ENTRIES for MSSBIZVIEW

also can you add screenshot too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I am not talking about that section - that section actually shows the employees.  Also, on the Employee Info page, it correctly shows my direct reports.  It does not show it on the Team page (Attendance Overview and Team Calendar) or on iView for Time Recording (on Home page and when link to launch Time Approvals).  For these view, it shows only myself (the chief position user who is logged into MSS.

Employee Information page - shows my direct reports correctly:

The views for Attendance Overview and Team Calendar do not show my direct reports, it only shows the user who is logged on (Patricia Cane):

Same for the Time Recording and Time Approval views.  I can only time for myself.  I have time for my direct reports to be approved (status 20) and it is now showing:

I traced the OADP config view, as they are using different ones.  However they are all using the same rule groups/evaluation paths.m  Not sure why there are differences.

Thanks,

Karen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you compare which evaluation path is mapped to MSS_LTV_EE or MSS_LAV_EE (non working one ) with the working one MSS_TMV_EEGP

are you using any custom FMs to retrieve employees? Only thing here should be evaluation paths or authorization which you indicated is correct

Please can you verify again if anything is amiss here

execute the FM to test the OADP settings HRWPC_OADP_TEST

V_TWPC_ORGVWG_P

V_TWPC_OBJSELRUL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddarth,

We are using the following:

Employee Information View Group: MSS_TMV_EEGP (this is the one that works)

Eval Path: MSSDIREC

MSS_LTV_EE, MSS_LAV_EE, and MSS_LCA_EE are using the following eval paths:

Direct reports: MSSDIREC

All Employees: SBESX (neither are working for these views).

We are not using an Func Modules in our rules for object
selctions.

The following entries are in the V_PTREQ_TEAM table:

Approval Mode       ViewGroup (MSS)          MSS_LEA_EE

CATS Approval        ViewGroup (MSS)          MSS_LCA_EE

Attendance Overview   ViewGroup (MSS)          MSS_LAV_EE

Request Mode              ViewGroup (MSS)          ESS_LEA_EE

Team View Mode         ViewGroup (MSS)          MSS_LTV_EE

I tested all of four FM HRWPC_OADP_TEST and they DO return the correct results!  I would agree it must be an authorization issue, but I have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW. 

Thanks,

Karen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

but thing is it works for team page for the same user? can you do a ST01 trace

also sap_all doesn't mean he can see everything, there can a restriction in this like due to structural authorization etc., there was a bug too regarding s_develop authorization, you can check that too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

The user does not have any structural authorizations.  Also, I worked with Security to do a ST01 trace and everything came back with Return Code 0.  Any other thoughts - what else could be missing?  I'm at a loss... 

Thanks,

Karen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also, can you do this

From SE37, execute FM HRWPC_OADP_DELETE_NAVOBJCACHE

debug here HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH

there is a note 1828491

Symptom

When a manager is assigned to multiple organizational units, the MSS

Add-On Team View does not display all of his/her employees.

You cant see the note unless we add you to it, Please  let us know if this is the case and also raise a OSS ticket

can you check this? it would be best to check in your system though, I find it strange !

SAP_ALL does not have
any impact on structural authorizations. It does not matter if the user
has SAP_ALL. Once you add a PD structural authorization, everything is
blocked from a PA or OM point of view.

If your user is not using structural authorization (not in OOSB), you
will be granted SAP* access. You should see one entry 'SAP*' with full
access in OOSB. If your user is present in OOSB, and has less
authorization than the SAP* user, you will have limited access.
Everybody without a profile gets full access.

please verify this

Message was edited by: Siddharth Rajora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

If your test user (manager) has a IT0105-0001 record that has been split into two or more, please try to create just one IT0105-0001 record from hiring date to 31129999 in PA30 and run TCode /$sync to delete buffers. Then try the different views again. 

It is a long shot but perhaps it will work.

I would also suggest that you get the MSS Add-on 1.0 to SP4 level at least if not already implemented.

Best regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

You are correct and this what was confirmed on the security side: user is not using structural authorization (no entry in OOSB).

That Note could apply to us.  Initially, my manager was assigned to two org units.  This was the first thing I tested: I deleted the A/012 relationship for the 2nd org unit to test if this was causing the problem.  But, I did not see any difference -I tested this before I started this thread.  I am set up as the manager for only one org unit now. Is it possible something is cache'ing? - I ran FM HRWPC_OADP_DELETE_NAVONJCAHCE and there was no change.  I want to also add: my manager user is also set up as a Supervisor (B002) for several users.  I would not think this would impact, as I am trying to display Direct Reports in the listed views (where A012), but perhaps I should delete the B002 relationships to test the impact?  Any other thoughts? 

Karen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you can try this, above report deletes the cache.

You can reassign the profiles of the working manager and check?

otherwise, definitely its a bug and note can help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddarth,

I have an OSS message open for this. I will follow up with the issue/solution.

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I have some more info from testing and wanted to get your
thoughts (my OSS message is still open).

I validated all the OADP config is correct, using the rules
for direct reports that use eval path MSSDIREC.
What I found was when I test MSSDIREC in the backend using tcode PPST or
PPSS I also get the wrong results (also displaying the manager only and not his
direct reports)!

I logged into the system of another customer I support who is using MSS EHP4 WD Java version.  I compared all config (OM, OADP) and everything is the same for both customers.  I did some tests with MSSDIREC in the backend with PPST.  I actually found an instance where I also got the wrong results!  (It returned just the manager and not his direct reports).  So, I logged into MSS as this same manager.  When I went to the Team Viewer (Employee Search, that is using MSSDIREC) the results were CORRECT in MSS.  How can this be?  Is there something in the WDJ version where the old RFC function modules over write the logic for MSSDIREC when not working?  Is there some logic in the old function group HRWPC_OADP_UI?   Is there no one else having this same issue in EHP5?  It seems it strictly uses MSSDIREC (results are the same in backend and in MSS).  If not, there must be a note to be applied for MSS that I am not finding?  Let me know your thoughts…

Thanks,

Karen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Whats your EA HR MSS level? If you are on SP06, you should have all latest notes, but then again I would see if there is a new note for this, We did release a note for this 1604280. Please go through this note, I think this is your case ??

I would recommend using PP01 and see manager relationships directly in it.

Typically, This can occur id Org cache is not cleared and it might not reflect the latest data.

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

I know why PPST is not giving correct results with MSSDIREC evaluation path. The reason being you must have logged on in backend system with different user and not the manager user.

So instead just logon to backend system with the manager user, then test MSSDIREC evaluation path with PPST it should work.

For the larger issue of direct reports not showing up, I guess debugging the function module HRWPC_RFC_OADP_GET_OBJECTS should give some hints as this function module returns the set of objects..

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sagar

Nic1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

your idea was spot on for the cause of my testing issues. During testing i had been switching it0105 around between chiefs and this caused problems for the OADP and effective dates in MSS for ECM!

The MSS direct reports would show and then for the next test manager the OADP would be blank even though PPOSE looked fine.

By cleaning up it0105 and making sure it had BEGDA back 12 months, MSS is suddenly behaving again.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Were you able to find the exact cause of this issue?

Thanks,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need to edit: we are on NW 7.02 SP12 Portal (Not 7.3).  Thanks.