Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Server 2011 - Crystal Reports giving error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed crystal Server 2011 as part of SAP BOE Product ver 14.0

When we are trying to view the reports we are getting the following error:

The viewer could not process an event. The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. []

---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

We have installed both Oracle client 64 bit and Oracle client 32 bit as both of them are required. Also, we have set the following environment variables:

ORACLE_HOME=C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1

ORACLE_HOME32=C:\oracle\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1

TNS_ADMIN=C:\oracle\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin

Path=C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\bin

Path32=C:\oracle\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin

BOE_USE_32BIT_ENV_FOR=ORACLE_HOME;Path

Can anyone help in resolving the error?

Regards,

Simran Wahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried different options for viewing and scheduling the report and also tried the option of "Use same database logon as when report is run". Still the report gave same error.

The reports are not using subreports.

Regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem got resolved by installing the 64 bit client first and then installing the 32 bit client. We have removed all the environments variables. Only the entry in path are required which are done automatically while installing the clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great! By the looks of it this resolution is the same with the one I found when dealing with a very simmilar problem.

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the resolution is similar to the one you had. The only difference is this that the order of installation of Oracle client is important.

Regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you install the 32 bit driver after the 64 bit one then your path (the first path in the PATH if you like) will be automatically pointing towards the 32 bit. This is no different to "4. In the Path (without 32) my first "path" is actually pointing at the 32 bit"

Happy to help and have a great day!

Regards,

Matt

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still have the very same issues - odd thing is that my colleague who too is an administrator is load reports from his machine and is able to run them without issues. He is NOT able to schedule the reports I have loaded and gets the same

the database logon information for this report is either incomplete crcaf00000020 CMC

Any idea about this?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Log in to the CMC and under Folders locate one of the reports you're having problems with.  Right-click on the report and select "Database Configuration".  Make sure that you have the correct log-in information configured here.  Also, in the "When viewing or scheduling report" drop-down at the top of the screen, make sure that you've selected "Use same database logon as when report is run".

Another thing to look at - are you using dynamic parameters in your report?  If so, you'll need to log in to the Business View Manager (BVM - it's part of the Client Tools install), find the connection ("_DC" object) for the parameter and edit it to make sure that the correct credentials have been entered and that it "never prompt"s for a login.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell I have not used a business view component for my dynamic parameter - do I need to? I have followed all other recommendations but come up with nothing

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  When you publish a Crystal report that uses Dynamic Parameters to BusinessObjects or Crystal Reports Server, if the "Update repository" checkbox is checked, it will automatically create several objects in the BVM with various suffixes.  This is the ONLY way that BO or CRS will work with dynamic prompts.   Here's what the suffixes mean:

_DC:  Data Connection - this contains the credential for connecting to the database.

_DF:  Data Foundation - this contains the tables and links required for the parameter.  It's like the Database Expert in Crystal.

_BE:  Business Element - this is information about which fields from the tables in the DF are available.

_BV:  Business View - this is information about which fields from the _BE are available for a LOV.

No Suffix:  List of Values - this provides the actual data for the parameter.

- Prompt Group: This may or may not be present.  It is the actual parameter definition that can be used in Crystal.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell I am unable to see any connections in existing objects in business view manager for the connections in crystal reports for reports with dynamic parameters - is it possible  that I am missing privileges even though I am administrator.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would first try re-publishing the report, making sure that you check the "Update repository" checkbox at the bottom of the save screen.  This will ensure that the objects get created.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are still waiting for a solution to above mentioned problem. Does anybody know a solution for the same.

Regards,

Simran

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's try moving this to the right space, hopefully you'll get this resolved here.

-Abhilash

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you set up the Database Logon, did you set "When viewing and scheduling the report:" to "Use same database logon as when report is run"?

Does your report have subreports?  If so, do the subreports connect to the same database as the main report or to a different database?  If it's different, you need to be sure to set the login for each database used in the report.

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simran, seeing as you have SAP BOE Product ver 14.0, you also have free phone support. Thus I'd recommend creating a phone case where you will get a dedicated support engineer who will work on the issue with you. Please do remember that these forums are not "technical support". These are community forums only; You may get an answer, you may not. It may be timely, it may not.

For more info on these forums please see the blog:

What are these 'support' forums good for anyhow?

- Ludek

SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using the trial version of the crystal server. Is their any phone support which is available to us while using the version.

Regards,

Simran

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See what sales tells you : 866-681-3435

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dell seems to be more insightful than myself so I do agree with what she suggested - try the tnsping and check the "use same database logon..." while making sure your password and username are correct.

I recently had do deal with a very simmilar problem, the difference being that I was using an ODBC connection. It was as frustrating tho. While I don't pretend to be an expert in this field yet, I must admit some of the solution was achieved using a "trial and error technique". I'll tell you what I did and maybe you can use it to solve your case:

1. Make sure the 64 bit driver is installed as Administrator. The 32 bit one can be installed as Instant client.

2. Don't worry about having all those environmental variables - I did as well but then I took them out. I suspect you only need one (Path) but I currently have 2 Path and Path 32.

3. In the Path I have something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\MSSQLSERVER2008\shared.feature.32\100\Tools\Binn\; C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP " - Don't know why you don't.

4. In the Path (without 32) my first "path" is actually pointing at the 32 bit - just noticed that now.

5. I opened the existing file DSN's and changed the value of DRIVER to the 32 bit home (Oracle in OraClient11g_home32) - this was really what made the difference even tho its a bit odd as I don't have the CR2011 client (32bit) installed on the 64 bit box.

6. In CMC I repointed the server Path (in DB Configuration) to the DNS file I just changed (see above).

7. After making various changes restart SIA and also at the end restarted the server.

This is more like a blog post than a direct answer to your question but I think that you and others with the same problem might use some of my experience to solve their problems regarding CR2011.

Please feel free to ask any quesions as I might be able to remember some other steps I didn't mentioned here.

Kind regards,

Matt

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you publish Crystal reports to your system, you need to log in to the CMC, go to "Folders" and find the report.  Right-click on the report and select "Database Configuration".  Then either just enter the password for the report if you're using the connection that's saved with the report or specify a new connection with user ID and password.

You also need to make sure that the correct database alias is available in the TNSNames file in the 32-bit Oracle configuration on the server.  The Crystal server runs on a 64-bit connection to the database, but the report processing requires the 32-bit connection.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The username and password for the reports is already present. The report uses a Data source which is shown in the drop down in the Database configuration. This data source is present in tnsnames.ora

Do we need to create a DSN in ODBC?

Regards,

Simran

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the report using an ODBC connection or a native Oracle connection?  If it's an ODBC connection, then yes, you do need to create the System DSN on the server.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a native oracle connection. In that case I think that a DSN will not be required.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using tnsping to contact the database from the server?

Also, in the Database Configuration, what do you have set for "When viewing and scheduling report:"?  I think it needs to be set to "Use same database logon as when report is run".

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have checked the connectivity of 32 bit odbc client to the server. It is able to connect. So, the problem lies in connecting the crystal report to the 32 bit oracle client.