cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 - Request type description incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've noticed recently that my request type description is incorrect for the different workflows I've configured in GRC (e.g. risk approval, function approval, role approval). I've looked into the request type definition in SPRO as well as my configuration settings and cannot seem to correct the description. To note, we are on service pack 12.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Stacey

when you checked out your config in IMG for "Request Type" did you by any chance compare the configuration against the original BC Set

GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_REQ_TYPE - BC Set for Access Request - Request Type 

If you go into SCPR20 and enter the BC set there is the option to compare against current config. It will show you if any entries don't match your original set?

Might help see if issue introduced by changes to tables

After that you can also consider comparing the BC Sets or Actual values in your config to the Configuration Parameters for Workflow Group - such as:

1101    Create Request for Risk Approval

1102    Update Request for Risk Approval

1103    Delete Request for Risk Approval

1104    Create Request for Function Approval

1105    Update Request for Function Approval

1106    Delete Request for Function Approval

1107    Create Request for Mitigation Assignment Approval

1108    Update Request for Mitigation Assignment Approval

1109    Delete Request for Mitigation Assignment Approval

3022    Request Type for Role Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen

Thanks for the quick response. I ran a comparison of the BC set against the customizing tables and some differences were identified. However, I couldn't find how to update the BC set to resolve the differences. I tried to select "activate BC set values" which appeared to resolve the differences. However, when I went into "define request types" via spro I noticed MSMP process ID's and request types were not aligned (e.g. create function was assigned SAP_GRAC_RISK_APPR). Can you help me determine the next step after identifying the differences between the BC sets and customizing tables?

I've attached a screen shot of the results for your reference.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey

You can't directly update the BC Set - this is what SAP provides as the default configuration values

Some observations

• If you create a new Request Type you don't get to choose the Request Type Id as the system perform a check to grab the maximum number and then increment by 1.
  • Some mismatches between BC Set and Table will occur if you choose to make changes to the configuration in "Maintain Request Type". Examples include:
    • Choosing to deactivate (Activate Column) so it is not an option in UAR drop down for request type
    • Changing the descriptions, MSMP process Ids, etc
    • Creating your own request types
  • When you submit a function (example I tested) as part of the submit process it looks for the configuration parameters 1104, 1105 or 1106 depending on create/modify/delete action. If you have not specified a value in Maintain Configuration Parameters (table GRACCONFIGSET) it will then look in the default table (GRACCONFIG) for the value for request type. This is then stored in the request and is displayed in the inbox. I had an incorrect value of YES instead of the number and as a result blank value came through with column empty.

What to do if you want to get your request type to match the BC Set without activating the BC Set again and choosing replace values:

1. Go to Maintain Request Type and edit to match the BC Set value again
  2. Languages comparison not updating (e.g. German DE) - go directly to table GRACREQTYPET and copy the BC Set language value into the entry
  3. Need to add a specific request number - go directly to table GRACREQTYPE and create it directly

For these steps above I'm not recommending if you should perform them or not as I don't know what "request type" descriptions you have as incorrect.

What I think (well I'm doing in my system):

1. Made the Request Types Numbers match what the BC sets were, especially for the MSMP Process Id
  2. Went to table GRACCONFIG and pulled all configuration paramters where the field is "GRACREQTYPET-REQTYPE" and looked at the default proposed values
  3. Checked table GRACCONFIGSET for the any values I have entered for the parameters identified in step 1 to see what values they had. From here, either remove them or made them made the Step 1 values.
  4. Verify the parameter now in the GRACCONFIGSET table (my defined values) match the request type number. If you make your request type match the BC Set values and accept the defaults then this should occur
  5. Consider impacts to any BRF+ rules that use Request type value to determine a MSMP path, etc as the values might need to change.

Screen Shot for Step 1 - Request Type

• Note the preceding 0s in request type are not shown but in configuration parameters you need to add them.

Screen Shot for Step 2 - All Request Type configuration Parameters

• Configuration Parameter need in next step
  • Default value is the Request Type (this will determine what the description is in Inbox)

Screen Shot for Step 3 - SAP default values for request type parameters

• These are the values I entered in Maintain Configuration Parameters
  • These values are used by the system
  • If the value is not specified (e.g. 1104 for Create Function) then SAP goes back to other table and picks the default value
  • I have made my values match the default

Summary, example of Create Function - I have the request type Id as 12 and the configuration parameter is 012. Therefore, in workflow I get request type "Create Function"

I'm on SP12 and noticed I have differences too. Also, my configuration parameters were incorrect (has the value YES instead of request type number). I have no idea if there were mistakes or if they have been impacted by SP12 which I'm on too).

Post some screen shots if you are still having issue (or if I'm way off  track)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen

Thanks so much for your reply. You did provide some valuable details but I am still unable to resolve my description issue. I did want to ask you more about the request type ID. It didnt appear to me that they can be modified but I was reading another post http://scn.sap.com/thread/3328789 and the responder noticed that the Req Type Ids had changed slightly from what is delivered by SAP. For example, Req Type ID 21 was for Role Approval in one system and delete mitigation Assignments in another. 21 is delete mitigation assignment in my system as well and I also noted the "delete mitigation assignment" populates as the description when I search for "role approval" requests. Also, I noticed 13 in your system is related to updating risks but in my system I the request type ID 13 does not exist and update risk is 14.

All of which leads me to believe the request type IDs are somehow but I cannot figure out how to change the value. All the tables / screens I go to have it greyed out so it cannot be modified.

Below I've included screen shots from my configuration parameters as well as where I defined my request types.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey

As mentioned, the Request Types are calculated by SAP when you choose new entry. There is a small piece of code that locates the max request type Id and adds 1 to it to determine the next.

If the Request Type Ids are already there you can edit the rest of the entries. You will need to make sure you update the Actions associated with them if you need to change them

As far as editing the tables - it is either due to authorisation S_TABU_CLI/S_TABU_DIS or a basis client setting.

Just a note: if you have made these changes it will not fix up the items in progress. However, if you create a new request you should get the request type displaying properly.

Answers (0)