cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool - Missing Drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP Business Objects Edge Trial Version.

In the 'Information Design Tool' I'm trying to create an OLAP Connection to SQL Server 2008, but I only see the option to connect with JDBC Drivers there.  I don't see the option to create the connection with OLEDB or ODBC Drivers.

I have rechecked the installation and I have selected all the drivers while Installing the Client Tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Suchi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

WORKING - copied folder c->program files x86 --> sap bobj --> sap bobj xi4.0 --> win32_x86 from their computer to mine and it works.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I run into a similar issue recently on 4.1, when only very few drivers were visible during creation of a new connection.

By accident I checked the Central Management Console and saw that most of servers were running but disabled. When I enabled the servers I was able to see all the drivers.

Hope this helps.

-Alexey

michael_jennings
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the same issue, Is there any other solution in order to solve this problem ?

Unfortunately I can't reinstallation all SAP BO software.

Best Regards,

MJ

0 Kudos

did you find a solution for this?

mine has installed with odbc drivers, co-workers are missing their odbc options when creating a new relational connection in IDT.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm facing the same
problem whereby I can only select JDBC driver for all database types. I’ve tried
uninstalling / reinstalling, SP2, SP4, SP5, deselecting all database drivers
then reselecting all drivers and still I can only select JDBC driver.

Please help!

Thanks.,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am now facing this issue on install of 4.1 sp1, did you get this resolved.

Thanks

Liza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liza,

I had to uninstall all versions of BO Client tools (3.1 & 4.0) including removing post unistallation registry entries and files.  Then I reinstalled the 4.0 client tools and the then I was able to access all the drivers.  Not a great solution but SAP support were not able to give any other solution.

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

I'll give it a go and see if it resolves it.

Thanks

Liza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I uninstalled 4.1 and removed registry entries. However had to a get my laptop re imaged then did a fresh install and all the drivers are now visible. Not sure why when uninstalling 4.0 spX. didn't remove registry entries.

thanks

liza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liza,

Uninstallation doesn't always necessarily removes all registry keys.

To make sure, a manual cleanup is recommended post uninstalation.

-Sid

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchi,

Please refer the below URL For regarding "Creation of Information Design Tool on MS SQ Server 2008 (OLAP)"

BI4.0 Information Design Tool:

Links:

http://blog.davidg.com.au/2011/04/bi40-information-design-tool.html

Creating a BI4 IDT OLap Connection on MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS):

Links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Creating+a+BI4+IDT+OLap+Connection+on+MS+SQL+Server+Analys...)

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samanta,

Are you using Local session or Repository Browser?

You have to modify the installation and selecet the drivers in the Data Access components while installation.

That could be th eonly and only reason.

Thanks,

Avinash

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

This worked for me!