cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of SCM 7.0 to EHP2 and Livecache 7.7 to 7.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to do SCM 7.0 EHP2 upgrade from SCM 7.0.

I have few questions regarding upgrade of SCM and Livecache 7.7 to 7.9 .

1. Is it possible to upgrade the SCM alone with out livecache upgrade .Or is it mandatory to upgrade livecache too with SCM upgrade .

2. Whether livecache should be upgraded before or after SCM 7.02 upgrade .

3.how to do Parallel upgrade of SCM and Livecache . things to do for parallel upgrade .

4. Which upgrade is best , Livecache upgrade after SCM upgrade or parallel upgrade of Livecache and SCM.

5.As per upgrade guide there are two method for livecache upgrade one is extract/load & another is inplace upgrade, which one we need to follow.

Please help me to clarify this things .

Thanks

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

1. & 2 :

When you will upgrade to SCM 7.02 the liveCache has to be upgraded as well.

Please follow the SCM 7.02 upgrade guide.

(3).(4) & (5)

SCM 7.0 is source release to SCM 7.02, the liveCache data must be extracted in the source

release using the program /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_7x, and then created again in the target release because the liveCache is initialized during the upgrade. The procedure for this is known as an extract/load upgrade. Also refer to SAP Note 1292734 for more information about this procedure.

Additionally please follow the SCM 7.02 upgrade guide.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

NK: It's NOT correct answers.

Message was edited by: Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As per upgrade guide extract/load method is for the source SCM version 4.1, 5.0 & 5.1(2007) & inplace upgrade method is for source release "SAP SCM start release is 7.0 or 7.0 EHP1 and the SCM target release is 7.0 EHP2. This is called SAP LC/LCAPPS 10.0 in the Software Distribution Center (SWDC).

Kindly confirm which method we need to follow?

Regards,

Alok

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

Answers on your questions:

1. During the upgrade of the SCM to SCM 7.02 from the versions below SCM 7.02 the liveCache should be upgraded as well, if you are using the APO on your system. It is it mandatory to upgrade livecache too with SCM upgrade, if you have the liveCache APO data in the liveCache relevant clients.

2. The livecache will be upgraded during the SCM 7.02 upgrade in one of the upgrade phase as pro SCM upgrade guide.

3. The upgrade of the liveCache will not take long time, but it's dependent on the download/upload or inplace upgrade you will have. If you have SCM 5.1, the liveCache 7.7 is released for SCM 5.1, then you will run the download/upload upgrade of the liveCache. The download/upload parallelization done internaly, it's dependant on OS resources, memory & CPU, on the liveCache server & number of DIA WPs on the appl. server.

More details could be discussed in SAP message with SAP support.

4. The best  will be if you will follow the SCM 7.02 upgrade guide & run the recommended steps when you will be asked to run  the program /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 < if you have SCM 5.1 > steps & follow the liveCache upgrade guide, when you asked to upgrade liveCache.

5.As per upgrade guide there are two method for livecache upgrade.

Please see SAP note 1684429.

For information about the minimum requirements for the upgrade to SCM\ 7.02, see Note 1567308.

Please review it. What SCM version do you have? SCM 5.1?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

We have SCM version 7.0 & above mentioned method is useful in case of SCM version 4.1, 5 & 5.1 (2007). Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Alok

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

As per LiveCache upgradeguide.

When we upgrade only livecache without upgrading SCM, below statement holds good.

"SAP SCM start release is 7.0 or 7.0 EHP1 and the SCM target release is 7.0 EHP2. This is called SAP LC/LCAPPS 10.0 in the Software Distribution Center (SWDC).

As per SCM upgrade guide you need to follow the steps in the report  /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 and upgrade livecache when requested.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

NK: It's NOT correct answer.

Message was edited by: Natalia Khlopina

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

As you saw in the SAP note 1567308:

" if you use SCM 7.0 or SCM 7.01 as the source release, you do not need to extract the liveCache data and initialize the liveCache. The upgrade to SCM 7.02 occurs as an inplace upgrade."

The  steps in the report  /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 on your SCM 7.0 are deactivated.

Please follow the SCM 7.02 upgrade guide. When the upgrade will be stopped & you will be asked to upgrade the liveCache, please follow the liveCache SCM 7.02 upgrade guide. First upgrade the liveCache using the upgrade DVD then update the LCA/liveCache with the latest released LCA/liveCache SCM 7.02 builds. See "Matrix of released LCA builds for SAP SCM 7.0 EhP2" at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27305

And I recommend you to create the SAP message & get SAP support, if you have further open questions or you have spesial project for the upgrade to SCM 7.02 with liveCache server migration, for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

As you mentioned

we did not get any prompt to upgrade Livecache during SCM EHP2 upgrade using SUM tool, can you please suggest what to do next? Am I need to upgrade the Livecache as a standalone Engine using script "<liveCache DVD>/DATA_UNITS/LC_UPDATE/LCUPDATE.SH"

Regards,

Alok

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

-> What is the status of your upgrade?

-> If your system is upgraded to SCM 7.02, you need to upgrade the liveCache using DVD first, LCUPDATE tool, as pro SCM 7.02 liveCache upgrade guide. Then install the latest LCA/liveCache

SCM 7.02 l released patch/build.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

I faced exactly the same issue. I upgraded our TEST SCM system from 7.0 to 7.02 using SUM tool and I was never asked by the tool to update the livecache although when I generated the XML file through SOLMAN_WORKCENTER, I included the livecache and I chose LCAAPPS 10.0.

When the SUM tool asked me to take a backup for the system after finishing DOWNTIME PHASE, I upgraded the livecache (INPLACE) first from 7.7 to 7.9 using the upgrade DVD and then patched it fully to the latest and don't forget to install the client because the location changed and now points to /sapdb/clients and also set the recommended parameters values as recommended by the livecache upgrade guide.

currently, the functional team is testing and everything seems fine except for few issues caused by internal and external inconsistencies due to system copy.

Please let me know how did the upgrade go with you!!

Thanks,

Hazem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem/Alok,

we are in the same situation now at SCM 7.0 EHP2 upgrade. Currently i am in Preprocessing phase SPDD stage, and so far it dint prompt for any LC upgrade.So you mean to say that after completion of SCM upgrade we can do the Livecache inplace upgrade standalone. At which point we need to start LC upgrade ? Do we have to run Section C of report  /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 post LC upgrade to 7.9 ? Section A and B are deactive before and was asked to ignore as per note 1567308 if your source release is SCM 7.0 .please suggest if you have any best practise since you have already completed the upgrade.

Regards

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Here are you r answers:

Q.1. At which point we need to start LC upgrade ?

Ans. First you can start LC upgrade while downtime phase of SCM system ( before reaching to Execution phase you should stop the LC using LC10 )

Better start LC upgrade once SCM upgrade will be finished.

Q.2.Do we have to run Section C of report  /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 post LC upgrade to 7.9 ?

Ans. Not required , since this is inplace upgrade that option is for  SCM version < 7.0

Upgrade command at unix level

su - sidadm

dbmcli -d LCNAME -u control,*******

db_state

OK

goto root

x_server stop

goto DVD location

./SDBUPD will do your work

Hope this will help

Thanks

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

The information will definitely help me. So Post SCM and LC upgrade as you told ,we should start 7.9 Livecache via LC10 and connectivity from SCM server to LiveCache will restore as before ?  pls let me know if any additional steps needs to be performed to ensure smooth upgrade process.

Regards

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Is it possible to Upgrade from SAP SCM 5.0 to SCM 7.0 EHP3?

Regards

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

- Create the new thread for the question on liveCache next time.

- Answer on your question is "Yes". < Reference: SAP note -

1891973 - Prerequisites for upgrade to SCM 7.03 (SCM 7.0 EhP3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody have Live cache Version upgrade from 7.7 to 7.9 document ? If anybody have please post here .

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Live cache Version upgrade from 7.7 to 7.9 document is available at SAP Market place & should be NOT posted at forrum.