cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP and Success Factors Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone implemented the ADD ON provided by SAP for the Success Factors Integration.

There are 2 options that the Add On provides for the transfer of data a full file option and a delta file option, SAP recommends the Delta FIle option and has cautioned that the middleware cannot be used with the Full File Option. Any idea on why SAP makes this caution?

We are still trying to decide on whether to go for a full file or a delta file and would appreciate the inputs of those who have already implemented the Add on. And also I would like to know more anout the full file option and was the transfer mechanism adopted to schedule automatic transfers to Success Factors (Has anyone used PI).

Any inputs would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Archie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archie,

I think there may have been some confusion. SAP recommends to the use the delta extraction report, but does not necessarily recommend using the file transfer option versus the middleware transfer option. I would follow SAP's recommendation, because the first time the report is run it will create a complete extract anyway since the delta at the start is nothing.

For middleware, you can us NWPI or you can leverage SAP HANA Cloud Integration once it is released in the latter half of this year.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

I  would be really happy if NWPI is an option even for the full file. The below link is on the documentation and the Caution for the middleware for the full file has been specifically called out.

I just want to understand why such a caution has been included in the documentation and personally h...

http://help.sap.com/erp_sfi_addon10/helpdata/en/94/adb7326bf942e68cfe060992556e97/frameset.htm

Thanks

Archie

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archie,

The full-file and delta-file for employee data can use middleware. The reason SAP recommend to use the delta-file option only is because the full-file option is the very first release of the add-on and was super ceded by the delta-file option in the second release. Using the full-file option means that all employee data transferred gets replaced every time you do a transfer. Unless you have a good reason for this then I would recommend just performing a delta transfer, particularly if you/your customer has a large employee base.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your inputs Luke.

-Archie.