Did you mean: 

Work Overview - Differnet in NWBC/Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

We are on EHP 6 with MSS AD-on 1.0
EA-HR_MSS 1.0: SP 0004 & EA-HR 606: SP 0011

and we are using NetWeaver 7.31 with SP 04

We are using WDA based ESS/MSS and most of the thing working fine.But when ever i am checking MSS tab for Work Overview in portal then its showing me differnet screen (seems to be UWL screen)

see the attach screen shot (Work Overview_Portal)....

and when ever i am checking MSS tab for Work Overview through NWBC then its showing me differnet screen (seems to be POWL screen )
see the attach screen shot (Work Overview_NWBC)....

I need that powl screen to be appear on portal side, May you please let me know what's the steps is required for the same.

Regards
Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Portal is UWL, which you have shown which is correct

for POWL, you need to use Time approval application in your role, its available by standard.

Check in MSS NAV. > there is approve working time

probably you need to hide your UWL and replace with this POWL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth,

I can see TIME APPROVAL under MSS Navigation Path Other Work Items ... (You may see in my above screen shot).

As you said Portal is UWL, which you have shown which is correct. -- Its fine

But i want under Work Overview Tab HOW CAN I SEE POWL THING if i am access MSS through Portal.(as its correct at NWBC side and i can see when we are checking MSS role with NWBC).

Highly appreciate for your valuable suggestion in advance.

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

The problem we are struggling to solve is that we want project managers (not line managers) to approve timesheets and there is no OM relationship between the project manager and the person submitting the timesheet.

We have added custom logic to the CATS approval process to determine the Approver from the SAP Project Portfolio Management (PPM) component and the work item is successfully sent to the project managers inbox (visible in backend and UWL).

We have looked at using the ‘Time Approval and Task Reminder’ application in MSS but it is not suitable as all the available queries are based on OM relationships. The Project Managers inbox is not being considered as part of the selection. We believe that we need a query for Workflow Tasks – Work Items.

On NWBC the main inbox application does have additional queries for Workflow Tasks that are not present in the MSS version (Portal UWL).

So, if we understand you correctly, we should hide the Work Overview UWL and replace with the ‘Time Approval and Task Reminder’ application. Can you clarify the following:

-          How do we replace Work Overview UWL with the Time Approval and Task Reminder’ application ? Which item in LPD_CUST will allow this ?

-          Even if we replace it, we expect that we will still have a problem as there is no query for Workflow Tasks – Work Items. Is there a better application than ‘Time Approval and Task Reminder’ which we should be using?

Thanks for you support so far,

Regards

Anuj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes you don't have to use Time approval then if you have your own queries, use standard POWL. refer the POWL configuration blog too

POWL can be used for both with WF and no WF. Its replacement for UWL, in NWBC and hence can be used in Portal as well, You would need the correct role ie NWBC role has it in its applications similary you would need it and hide from portal role of UWL

so this role can be used SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2 to create PCD role!

Please verify the note 0001685257, the portal PCD roles are now to be updated from
the backend PFCG roles.

read the blog here

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth,

We already deploy MSS ADD-On .SCA file on portal end and having pcd role

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/line_manager/com.sap.pct.addon.mss.PACKAGEMSS/com.sap.pct.addon.mss.Rolesmss/com.sap.pct.addon.mss.Manager_Self-Service

Then also we need to create a PCD role with the help of abap role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2.

Other than that what i am understanding that is If we want to use POWL with portal then we have to HIDE the uwl first from portal role ...

May you please check the attach screen shot of the role where i can hide it or any thing else i have to do for hiding UWL portion from portal.

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To replace the UWL by POWL in the portal, I think you will need to create a new iView referring to the Web Dynpro ABAP application IBO_WDA_INBOX with application configuration HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX. Then, create a page containing the iView and add this page under the Work Overview workset in the Manager role. To hide the UWL, just change the property "invisible in navigation area" of page Work Overview Page to Yes.

For your second question, there is a query (named MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_WI_QUERY) for workflow work items in the standard POWL MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2. You just need to verify that your task ID is added to table IBO_C_WF_TA_P_SC or already exists in table IBO_V_WF_TA_P_TY. Have a look at Siddharth's document for more info.

Regards,

Julien

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically in MSS add on role, you should be able to see the POWL? are you not able to see it?

can you preview it ie which role I indicated NWBC,

and this role can be used and added to the manager

otherwise, in your portal role above hide UWL ,In order to have the IBO inbox on your portal, you need to manually add it.

You need to create a generic Iview and add the IBO application.

Steps : Sorry I couldn't add the screenshot.

Adding the IBO inbox to the portal:

1 – Create a Generic Iview for an ABAP WebDynpro Application:

2 – Select Iview Template

3- Select SAP Web Dynpro Iview

4 – Enter the necessary information in the next screen, i.e., name, Id…

5 – Select ABAP in the next page

6 – Fill out the fields in the next screen using:

Namespace: SAP

Application Name: IBO_WDA_INBOX

Configuration Name: HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX

Application Parameters: leave empty

7 – The Iview is now created and you can test it

8 – Now you can add the Iview to the Role Item that you chose. Here we are adding it to the Work Overview page for ADDON

The inbox should already be configured on R3. See this document for more information on the backend configuration : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support.

We have opted to keep the UWL and link it to the POWL via SWFVISU and the following settings:

APPLICATION HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL

DYNPARAM WL_ID=${item.externalId}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL

NAMESPACE SAP

This works well and our managers can now approve timesheets that have been workflowed to their inbox.

However, there is one issue that is confusing us. In the case where the manager wants to see more detail on a particular persons times, he can click on the time field and is taken to the 'individual' approval screen. In this screen, the manager has the option to approve or reject at a more granular lever. However, when we hit the 'Save and Exit' button the screen does not do anything, it just sits there. We then have to cancel the screen and do all of our approvals from the collective approval screen.

Have we missed somethin in our setup or is this a known bug?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Anuj.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you do a HTTP trace and check if WL_ID is passed correctly

also for testing purposes, launch from Se80 and

use this application HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

Changing from HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL to HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1 in SWFVISU has resolved the Save button issue on the individual approval screen. However, it does create another issue.

Application HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL defaults the 'Approve All' value but HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1 defaults a blank value. Do you know of any configuration to change this behaviour ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops....

Just re-read the help file and I was able to default to Approve_All using the following parameter string in SWFVISU.

WL_ID=${item.externalId}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1&default_approval=1

Many thanks for the help.

Anuj.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

good to know that this works for you. or you could do this in application parameter as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Sharma,

I am not able to see the portal role com.sap.pct.addon.mss.Manager_Self-Service.

Since I only see the role com.sap.pct.erp.mss.manager_self_service (wich I supose is for the JAVA applications), I think I didn´t deploy the correct SCA file for the MSS ADD-On.

Were did you find that file?

I cannot find it anywere in the marketplace.

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)