Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAL - HANA Apriori failing with 'Inconsistent Calculation Model'

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm running PAL - HANA Apriori algorithm on top of SAP HANA table. The table has only three columns.

Record IDTransaction IDProduct Name

Parameters for Apriori are

Item Column - Product Name

Transaction Column - Transaction ID

Support - 0.01

Confidence - 0.01

When I run this, I get an error, as shown in the attached picture.

I'm on revision 53 of SAP HANA and 1.0.7 version of PAL.

Can you help me in resolving this.

Regards,

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

This was a known issue with PA 1.0.7 along with HANA SPS5 revisions. Please upgrade to PA 1.0.9 which is the latest version that is available for customers today.

Thanks,

Vishwa

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

I'm working on PA 1.0.10 now and I installed R separately from http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/old/2.15.1/R-2.15.1-win.exe

Now when I run R-apriori algorigthm on sample data from csv file, I'm getting an error "An error occured while invoking the R environment through Java/R Interface(JRI). / The version of R installed is not compatible or the R environment is not set up properly."

Should I create environment variables for this R setup? In that case, to create R_LIBS variable, I don't find the RJAVA folder in 'C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1\library'

Please help...

Regards,

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

my environment variables are like this:

R_HOME = C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1

R_LIBS = C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1\library

I also installed R separately (as the install by PA uses a \public\... directory for the R install, and I wanted it in the program files directory).

I haven't encountered any problems (yet) with this.

Now, I do have an rJava folder in my libraries.  It was installed by the CRAN package.

Maybe try again, or install the rjava package directly in R?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

Have you tried out the troubleshooting guide here?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33487

Thanks,

Vishwa

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Star. Ya, as you said, I'll try reinstalling the PA and rjava again... 

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Vishwa, I followed this document only. From PA, installing R was running long not responding. So installed R separately from the link provided in the doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

If you have 2.15.1 installed, there is no need for System Environement varaibles creation. Did you install all the packages that are required? Also, could you please share the screenshot of your R configuration screen (File->Install and Configure R-> Configuration)? It should be pointing to your R install location.

Thanks,

Vishwa