cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with DG filling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm experiancing an issue with updating DG masters by refilling. At the moment there are a number of materials assigned to a specification. About half of the materials are updated correctly with new DG regulation when refilled but the other half is not updated. When trying to fill these materials separately i get the message DGA136 "No data records found for the selection criteria".

All materials are uniquely assigned to the specification. No difference between a working and a non-working material can be found in the material master. All materials have a DG master (however, for the non-working materials it is not complete).

Thankful for any suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonas

strange effect. Could you please provide more details?

1.) you have x materials assigned (working materials)

2.) you have y material assigned (non working materials)

3.) any material does have had a DG master before and you changed only data

Which data was changed? On what level (REAL_SUB; DG_CL_SUB ...)? Can you fill DG master using a "specific "DG regulation" or is the effect related to all regulations? Do you use change numbers in DG management?

Are the materials linked to REAL_SUB only (unique) or is some material direct assigned to a DG_CL_SUB?

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

Thanks for answering.

There are 42 working materials assigned to the specification and 28 non-working. Materials are uniqely assigned to the specification

All materials has a DG master from before so I now try to update data. The DG_CL_SUB has been extended with three additional DG regulations. These three entries are only added to the 42 "working materials"

There is no materials assigned directly to the assigned DG_CL_SUB.

Not sure about how i can fill a specific regulation. Would be a good function though. If i fill based on the DG_CL_SUB and check SLG1 the non-working materials is not mentioned in the list.

It feels like there is something like a write protection on the DG master that hinders these materials taken into accont when filling.

Best regards,

Jonas

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonas

only an idea: can you try to prepare the same data situation in dev or qual system and then e.g. change density and do refill. I would like to know if such a general change would trigger the refill of any material (any DG master related to the materials) assigned to REAL_SUB and if then the DG master of the non working materials will get an update as well

Which SAP Version you are using? Did you activate business functions in the area of DG? Did the effect occur only with this special REAL_SUB and on a different one having attached working and non working materials the refill does have an effect regarding all materials?

What effect happen if you exchange the DG_CL_SUB and the reexecute filling? may be you have one DG_CL_SUB in place with the "old" situation (not added the new regulations) or you have a different one.

Normally there is a DG_CL_SUB in place defining "no dangerous goods according to transport regulations"; What happens to the DG master if you assign this one (the three new regulations should be available on DGL_CUB_SUB level)

C.B.

PS: there is a "similar" thread discussed here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3332644

PPS: may be check OSS note 1460609

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dead Chrisoph,

Thanks again for the suggestions.

I have set up a specification in the test environment and assigned two materials one working and one non-working. Changing for example the melting point and re-fill will update all entries on one of the material the non-working is not updated nor mentioned in the application log. The same is the case when changing DG_CL_SUB to another UN no or to a non DG.

Im testing on ECC 6.00, I would not expect any other than the standard business functions being activated.

I have only noticed the issue on this REAL_SUB. However, i cannot say for sure that this is the only spec.

Next step will be to activate the additional logging as sugested in the note.

Best regards,

Jonas

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonas

according to your topic:

"the DG_CL_SUB has been extended with three additional DG regulations." one last question: before you have added the regulations e.g. the filling regarding e.g. IMDG has worked independent of working or non working material? I have never had such a strange effect if new regulations have been added

If i remember correct the flag on  material level (i belive it is called "environmental relevant" (EH&S relevant) is not "checked" in DG filling

(e.g. refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/45/32ba6933f0ad4f8c8ae9cbd38bb91a/content.htm

Part "If the material carries the environmentally relevant indicator and a delivery is posted to this material,"

IN:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/3e/6095750d1311d286e7080009b98822/content.htm?framese...

Chapter: Filling the "Simulation" process is mentioned.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/75/16c38810f111d286ee080009b98822/content.htm

Chapter "Filling the Dangerous Goods Master" the topic is mentioned once again.

May be try this option as well.

If logging etc. does not indicate an idea: I believe then it might be time for OSS dialog

C.B.

PS: Last question: do you use "DG families" (this is possible) or do you use DG_CL_SUB only? That means you have added new data on LS_UN_SUB Level combined them in DG_CL_SUB etc. It should really work.

PPS: last but not least;: in which way do you prepare the spec material relation? do you use EH&S as the source or MM (which is possible)

Could you please check relation ESTRH / ESTMJ; nothing strange ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the ESTMJ table and it is very likely that the issue comes from there. For the non-working materials i can find two "active" assignments (without deletion flag set). One which looks strange since the data origin is missing and the record number is 0. Possbly that is the reason why i can see the double assignment in the specification workbench.

I need figure out how to set a deletion flag on a row in this table and try re-filling. But now im hopeful

I will let you know as soon as I'm able to test if this solves the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Jonas

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonas

you have a "big" problem in the system. I assume you might have more problems with ESTRH etc.

There is one ABAP report helping you to indicate "errors" in table dependencies (ESTRH etc etc.)

Check e.g. RC1SUBREORG; check may be as well: RC1SUB_HIERARCHY_SHOW

Please check your database! I assume there are further errors

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Not what i wished to hear... but thanks for the suggestion on how to move forward.

We will proceed with running the reports.

Best regards,

Jonas

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am also facing the same problem.

When executed a material from DGE5 it says No Records Found for Selection criteria.

I have checked the following.

1) I see that there is evnironmentally relevant check mark is there for Material in Basic data2 view

2) I see that Active check mark is there for the value assignment.

3) The specification is getting data from DG_CL_SUB through relatioship.

4) DG profile indicator is maintained properly.

But still I am getting the same error. Can you help me.

Regards

Dheeraj

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Some more information regarding my issue.

There is no materials assigned directly to the assigned DG_CL_SUB.

We use change numbers

Regards

Dheeraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

please start new thread. Using Change numbers in DG filling the topic is more complex in comparison without change numbers. Please explain in the new thread how your are using change numbers.

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue . I get message dg filling complete  with errors . how do I check what errors it encountered ?

Answers (0)