Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rating and Validity

suresh_reddy47
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Pls. Can u explain the fowling query’s  ?

1.What is the difference of Rating and Validity in generation variant ?

2. How to create the graphics like (Symbols) in WWI template reports ?

Thanks,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh

As an add on to explanations of Gourav

1.) Rating: to understand the use of "Rating" in the generation ariant you need to understand the general use of the "Rating". The rating is e.g. part of the "usage" of a data record in EH&S (either on level of identifier or in a value assignment in a property). E.g. the "Resrtiction" is a further example there the rating is used. The Rating can be used to create an access concept.. The Rating together with the validity area is the most important selection criteria for many data selection processes in EH&S

2.) The use of the "rating" in the generation variant "fits" the use of it in CG02. You can define 1 or more ratings in the generation variant; you can assign to them the same level of "importance" (priority). This Rating is the basis of the data selection later if the data should be retrieved from data base; the validity area is "special" in generation variant. There is at least on "validity area" to be defined. Now you need to idefine how this validity area is used in data selection. Please refer here to SAP Online help; This validity area can be called "primary/leading" one. In a further section of the generation variant you can once again define validity aeas which will later be used to retrieve the data. Here once again: please refer to SAP Online help; This "additional" maintenance is used in special circumstances only.

1:Graphics

Here I am not total sure what you are looking for. Let us make an example: you can define a "jpg" file. This ".jpg" file can be "direct" part of the WWI layout; the other normal used option is that the graphic is used in the "phrase" (here you can deine graphics) to be retrieved later; it is not well known that you can do the same with identifiers (here you can assign as well graphics) and in user defined texts and is retrieved to the report using a "report symbol".

The term "symbol" is to "high level". Simply: using symbol in WWI you are able to retrieve later data from data base.  E.g. you can retrieve phrase text, code etc. as a header), etc.

Please refer to the many similar threads in this forum. You will fnd very good explanations what you can do here. The same is true for SAP online help. It explains very well the "Symbol" topic

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph - i have searched quite a bit but cannot find my topic, but it is concerning an issue with the precedence of RATINGS on a generation variant. I have created a precendence where "LABEL" rating comes first, and then PUBLIC.

If I have a value assignment that has 5 instances, for example:

LABEL

PUBLIC

PUBLIC

LABEL

LABEL

It will only pick up the first instance, and then exit the loop once it sees the next one (PUBLIC).

I decided to then change the second instance to "LABEL", and now it prints that one as well. (so the first two instances now print).

I don't understand why it is behaving this way, this doesn't seem normal.

My colleague found the "fix" though and it also makes no sense - going into SPRO config, under the "Specify Ratings" activity, he also set the priority under the "Prio DG" column. (it was previously blank for the  LABEL rating). This column is for DG Filling!

Any idea on this?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

a.) please generate new thread

b.) without knowlegde of the WWI code part giving rise of trouble no further help is possible. Important as well is the "property" (e.g. is it of type "DG")

c.) further on we need more details on generation variant (and set up)

Only some ideas... for your data records

LABEL

PUBLIC

PUBLIC

LABEL

LABEL

as i do not know the "validity area" of the data record I can "assume" only something. Let us assume: any data record should be REG_WORLD. So

1.) if" "LABEL" does have "highest priority" and

2.) you get only one data record one issue could be WWI template. Here you can define if you would like to see "all" data records or only the first one etc.

Itf i consider your statement:

It will only pick up the first instance, and then exit the loop once it sees the next one (PUBLIC).

I decided to then change the second instance to "LABEL", and now it prints that one as well. (so the first two instances now print).

=> we need more details on the generation variant definition (discrete validity areas) and WWI definition etc.

(PS: I assume any data record is active !)

In context of:

My colleague found the "fix" though and it also makes no sense - going into SPRO config, under the "Specify Ratings" activity, he also set the priority under the "Prio DG" column. (it was previously blank for the  LABEL rating). This column is for DG Filling!

Without further information: you are right; this is a strange behaviour.... 

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

on top: check e.g. WWI- Problem Layout RATING | SCN

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

1. Difference between Rating & Validity can be best explained by the examples:

Rating could be anything like: Label, Drum Label, Public, MSDS, etc. Means it define the particular usage. at the same time you can define multiple rating for a RGV with different priority

Validity is again segregating the whole world according to your convenience. for Region basis could be China, India, Japan, US,etc. you can also define as a plant basis like plant 1, plant 2, etc

The rating together with the validity area make up the value assignment usage and pull the data on the report at the time of report generation.

2. Graphic sysmbol basicaaly pulled from thegraphic phrases, where you assign the particular image to a phrase and expand the same on the template in graphic mode.

Thanks & Regards

Gourav