cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Profile using Zfield value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We need to send the mail  to partner  using action profile based on the value of zfield in the transaction.

Zfield doesnot have master data.  Is it possible to achieve this requirement using start condition?

Thanks & Regards,

Monika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

there are three SAP standard solutions to enhance PPF Action conditions. Using BADI CONTAINER PPF is one of them. Using BADI EVAL_SCHEDCOND_PPF or EVAL_STARTCOND_PPF is another solution.

However, the most simplest solution is to enhance the BOR object providing context sensitive attributes which can be combined and evalutated. In most cases the enhancement can be done without development. In my opinion this solution is the most consultant friendly one.

Because I could not find any guide explaining this solution in a good  and development free manner, I created an own one. Please be free to use it too.

http://www.hybrid-eichhoernchen.de/ppf-action-condition-enhancement/

Kind regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one SAP note which can help you please review this Note:

With Regards

Ankush Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for reply.

According to SAP Note, we need to enhance the Business Object. I just  want to confirm whether by enhancing Business Object , others technical development will be impacted or not?

Thanks & Regards,

Monika

former_member199759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

No other code or configurations or anything related to the standard design of SAP will be affected when we create an enhancement, unless we change something on our own, which is what enhancements are meant for.

If you have any specific thing in mind regarding technical development, please let us know so that we can think in that regard.

Regards,
Satya Prakash

lovekush_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Use of Badi is risk free and it is a well understood by all developer. Once you implement the BADI CONTAINER_PPF you can not only refer to some Z* fields but can include any complex logic. I have used the BADI in multiple projects without any problem.

Hope the answer is helpful in your decision making.

Thanks,

Lovekush Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We refered SAP Note 865619 - related to BADI for ERP sales order. In ERP sales order , order is first saved in ECC and after that replicate to CRM.

CRM action profile is working fine for ERP sales order but BADI CONTAINER_PPF is not getting called on saving the transaction.

Our second approach is to write condition in method used in action profile. But method  CRM_ORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM in class CL_DOC_PROCESSING_CRM_ORDER is also not called thats why we are unable to debug  code written in BADI or Method.

Kindly let me know what to do now.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Urvashi

lovekush_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

You can trigger email based on the Z Field value using start or schedule condition. I am aware of two methods by which you can achieve that.

1. Create a start condition say Z001 = X , and fill the value of X using BADI CONTAINER_PPF based on your Z field.

2. You can modify the business object to include the Z field and then you can direct add that field in start condition.

I used the first approach.

There are two SAP note which are very helpful in doing the above.

1. SAP Note 865619 - related to BADI

2. SAP Note 816456 - Business Object enhancement

Thanks,

Lovekush Singh