cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running profiling in Information Steward

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the steps in the scn (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10538fce-4b42-2e10-0fb1-a2146dc20943&override...) to setup profile but encountered the following error while trying to execute it:

"A system error occurred. Contact the administrator if the error persists (UIM-10142). "

We tried checking on the "Download Log File" button but it generates message saying "Log file is not available".

We tried checking in directory "E:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging" but couldn't find any related error.

Could you please help to provide recommendations and approach to resolve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there is a log written for your executed task:

To view Data Insight task logs:

From the BI/IPS  (CMC) click Information Steward>Data Insight node>Projects node>your project>

Select your task and click Action> History

The "Data Insight Task history" pane displays each instance the task was executed.

Select the instance name and click the icon for View the database log.

Also check if you have a job server configured (check CMC>Application >Information steward>right click >View Data Services job server). If not you need on using DS server manager tool.

Finally, can you confirm your exact BI,DS & IS vesions (to the patch level).

Thanks

Nawfal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal

Versions installed:

1. SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0
    SP04(inc FP03)
  2. SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.1 Patch 2
  3. SAP BusinessObjects Information Steward 4.1 Patch 2

I have checked and there is no job server to Information Steward: There is no job server available. (ADM-10802)

We have job server running successfully for Data Services. Any idea how we can add job server to Information Steward?

Regards

Deepender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to create a new job server for IS. Open DS Server Manager tool, edit, add a new job server and make it point to the IS repo and not the DS repo. You then should see 2 job servers 1 for DS and 1 for IS and restart. check again in the CMC>APPLICATIONS>IS, that IS repo and the new IS job server are showing then test your jobs .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal Tazi,

I am getting the same error and checked with the job server, they are fine I have created different Job servers for IS,DS.

And checked in CMC also but its working fine.

Still getting an error in IS.

Please someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

former_member182226
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepender,

Have you 1st created Project for Data insight at CMC level or you have performed data profiling on SAP Standard project i.e. "Enterprise Project"?

Enterprise Project is reserved for SAP standard data profiles, so you have to create custom project for Data insight. ask BO admin to create it.

let me know if further details required.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash

Yes Project has been created prior to setting the profiling and executing it.

Regards

Deepender