Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESH_ADM_TREX_DEST "NO TREX" ODP

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to activate 0HCM_ANALYTICS_3 Business Content with the BI Content Activation Workbench: BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION.

I have set up TREX Destination to "NO TREX" in transaction ESH_ADM_TREX_DEST following the documentation:

"If you want to use operational data provisioning without SAP HANA or SAP NetWeaver BWA, navigate to Customizing and enter NO TREX as the TREX destination"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/c0/7852b974694c8f88fc199bca0b50a4/content.htm?frame...

However the activation process ends with the following error:

TREX: Error in the RFC communication: RFC destination NO TREX does not exist. (NO TREX)

Message no. ESH_CO_COMMON008

Have anyone out there experience a similar error o provide some ideas about the issue.

Kind Regards,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cario,

Please check the below note regarding your issue

SAP Note No. 1715216 ,1692576 and 1696516

This is the program error as per these note.

Best Regards,

Atul

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul

I had a look to notes 1696516, 1692576 and 1715216. All seem relevant for the scenario when trying to activate ODPs on top of SAP HANA.

In our case we don't have SAP HANA. Our platform is ECC 6.0 EhP6 SP06 (No HANA).

Thanks for your help.

Carlos

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

I have also found the note 1646109. Basis guys have told me that the note is included in SP02 and we are in SP06.

So I am still facing the issue ('NO TREX' does not exist) while activating the BI content.

Cheers.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

could you please a message  to sap regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Atul

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I was able to work around this issue by executing RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_SINGLE directly.

My understanding is that the BI Content Workbench is not identifying 'NO TREX' destination properly, as it should skip the TREX server validation. When performing the validation 'NO TREX' is not a valid RFC connection therefore the activation ends with an error.

Executing program RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_SINGLE allowed me to activate the ODP individually.

Regards

Carlos Weffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed same step to activate the ODP's individually and all the reports worked fine. but when I log off and re login to the system again the same issue that respective query could not be opened.

When I re activated using above program its working fine. so do I need to activate every time?

Please let me know if I am doing any thing wrong.

Answers (0)