cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property tree in specifications - add new node on the fly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was working with specification management. We have property tree nodes for a specification type, which is standard.

I was looking for a way to add a  node on the fly, to include in the tree. I dont know why its not possible, do we have to

go to img to add it in config ? Also if we wish to delete one node from the tree, its not possible. Why ??

Is there any BADI or any functionality provided by SAP which I could not find ?

I wanted to reach out to community before creating a OSS message.

Please let me know Gurus ..

Thanks

Devi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi

Kindly note that,both your requirements can be done in IMG

Answering to your first question i.e adding a node in a property tree.

Prerequisites for adding an node to a property tree.

• Creation of class (T_code CL02) & Charactertics (T_Code CL04)
  • Assigning the charactertics to class.

Creation of Node

IMG Menu

Environment, Health & Safety- Basic Data and Tools - Specification Management - Specification Database Structure à Settings for Value Assignment - Specify Value Assignment Types

Transaction Code

SPRO

Create your node with value assignment category 'A' and assign the class (which is already created as a Prerequisite) .

Assigning the VAT to the Property Tree

IMG Menu

Environment, Health & Safety - Basic Data and Tools-Specification Management - Specification Database Structure - Settings for Value Assignment -Set Up Property Trees

Transaction Code

SPRO

Now you need to  assign the VAT to the property tree, make sure you give the correct ID & level so that the new node appears in the exact level as you desired,

Please refer the below links, it will be useful for you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a7/286ec70a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/a7/286d1d0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40989

Answering to your second question,  delete one node from the tree

it can be achieved by deselecting the particular node from the property tree, but it is advisable to make a copy of the standard  property tree and delete the node. now assign the new property tree to the specification type.

Kindly revert for any Clarifications

Regards

John

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone ... really helpful.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Devi,

You can create a new node in the property tree only by customizing.

First you need to know what characteristics it should have as this is part of a class.

I have listed the steps below which might be helpful.

First Create a characteristic(s) for the node which is actually a Value assignment type using CT04.

Create a Class using CL01 with class 100 and Assign all the characteristics to this particular class.

identify under which property tree, your node should appear.

for eg: Goto the txn CG02, select any real substance, in the property tree of IH, select any value assignment type under a node Limit values and regulations such as labelling(EU) and press F1 to view its description and u will find the Value assignment type as SAP_EHS_1023_001.

In customisizing, Select Setup Property trees under EHS - basic data tools - specification management - Specification database structure - Settings for value assignment type .

Select your property tree eg IH, select value assignment type assignment and insert your node.

By this way, U will be able to insert your node in the property tree. Now exit the screen and goto txn CG02 to find your node listed in property tree.

Hope this is helpful. If not, ping me.

Regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devi

any property tree (including the nodes) is defined in customizing. Therefore:  this is nothing on the fly which you can do here (only by using customizing)

a.) you should not change the "STANDARD" tree; recommended is to create "ZSTANDARD" as a copy or something like this and use the cusomizing properly to adapt  the new tree.

b.) therefore: you can add a node within one day if you know which customizing activities is important etc; the same is true for deletion of a node

You need to differentiate between "node" and new value assignment type (property), the actiivities to be done in SPRO (IMG) are different (and there are further manual steps required).

The whole process is absolut standard and nothing "tricky" as long as you know what you are doing.

To my knowledge: there is no OSS note which is really related to this topic.

The best way is to "learn" first the SAP Standard set up (and how is it done in IMG) and then do it by your own. But if you create a new value assignment type (property) more steps are involved which you need to take care.

C.B.