cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic menus in MSS Add On Team Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In MSS Add On, team overview, I want to control some of the menu entries based on selected employee.

Some of the menu entries should be controlled based on some validation on the employee selection.

I tried to use HRESS_MENU badi but its not working for the menus in MSS Add On Team. Badi is not getting invoked for MSS Add On.

I want to check what options we have to do some dynamic menus.

One option, I was thinking is to use the Proxy class and control the entries in the launch pad based on my conditions.

Please do let me know if there are any other ways/approaches for this requirement.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

We have a similar requirement where we are looking at options for a dynamic rendering of  employee menu? Were you able to solve your scenario? If yes could you please share your approach with us? This would help us while making our design choice.

Thanks,

Ani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done some more investigation and SAP claims that there is a technical limitation involved in allowing a separate context menu for each object in the team viewer. We still have an open message as we go back and forth with this, but that is the latest I have on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had recently done some investigation around creating a proxy class implementing IF_FPM_NAVIGATION, but it did not give us the control we were looking for.  We ended up abandoning that effort and enhancing another spot to throw an error if the employee was not eligible for a specific process (in our example). 

Sorry I could not be more helpful, but perhaps knowing our experience might help some.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some where I too read, IF_FPM_NAVIGATION interface has to be used but I was not sure as it was more for navigation purpose. But look like there is a badi for launch pad too, I will try that option also.

I am also still looking to see what would be the appropriate interface for implementing proxy class.

I will update with my findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy Yugandhar,

Did you find a solution through enhancement for your requirement? I have exactly the same requirement.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
AS

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no standard approach for this as indicated earlier, you have to go for modification.