Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance View customize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I encountered one problem that I don`t know how to solve , that is :

I use maintenance view to maintain data , but the data in this table can have up to 1 line, so in the maintenance view ,when click "new entries" or "copy", it make sense to check if the DB is have one line already, and pop up the messages. But I don`t know how to do this .

And another question , I want to display the maintenance view`s column according to the configuration of from other table ,for example ,read data from other table , in one condition, all columns of table is displayed for maintenance , in other condition, only some columns are displayed for maintenance ,some columns are hidden, how to do this?

Thanks very much.

Best regards,

Xu Chris

3 REPLIES 3

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can code the check in the PBO(Process Before Output) module of the maintenance view for the table to check if the DB is have one line already, and pop up the messages.

I think for the second requirement You will have to Put the logic to do so IN the PBO module again. The besy advice will be to design your screens and maintain rather that SM30 will give you better flexibility to design all the requirements.

You can get started with Screens and Module pool  programming. Some links to help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/9f/db9d0335c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/a19fd982841503e10000000a42189c/content.htm

Cheers,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cris,

what i will suggest not to use maintenance view for this as you have very customized requirement. instead use ALV for saving data or create a module pool. I will prefer ALV as the development time would be faster.

Regards

Animesh

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Since your table will have only one entry, if it's a client dependent table, have you considered making the MANDT (Client) field (and only the MANDT field) a key field? If you do that, the system should not allow making another entry automatically.

Regards,

Akshat