cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AFL BFL and PAL Hana library on Hana Cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HANA Cloud team and developers,

Please let me know how can we use HANA DB on HANA cloud from with in our Java application for Analytic's.

We are already using HANA for persistence but now want to leverage the PAL capabilities are well.

From HANA documentation its clear that there are some steps that need to be followed in order to achieve this such as: creating AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR and generating a PAL Procedure etc.

On HANA Cloud how do we proceed to do this. Or is this available via JNDI or through some other stored procedure that cloud already provides and application can call. HANA Cloud documentation points nothing in this direction so I am clueless. Please help.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

emil_aleksandrov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

It's a very good question and the answer will arrive soon. Starting from this week we will be publishing blogs about how HANA Cloud developers can leverage some of the HANA native capabilities. For example: how you can create and use HANA Calculation View, how can you use HANA native search capabilities, how can you use PAL. Please stay tuned as we are in the process of evaluating.

Best regards,

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the AFL avaliable in HANA cloud now?

emil_aleksandrov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Zhiyong,

It is still not available on free trial SAP HANA cloud platform landscape. However if you are interested for productive usage please send me an email with your case.

Best regards,

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know HANA One on Amazon has PAL capability. Does SAP HANA Cloud also support PAL functionality now?

Thanks.

Chih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

I'm currently using SAP Cloud Platform free trial and I would like to use the AFL libraries.

Can you please contact with me?  ( I couldn't find your email address)

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

Just a suggestion. You can use HANA Developer Edition with PAL on Amazon cloud. The cost is about $0.12 to $0.14 per hour.

It works great for me.

Chih

emil_aleksandrov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I also don't see you email Here is mine - emil.aleksandrov at sap.com

However you are still not able to use AFL/PAL on Trial landscape. I hope that I will not make a wrong prediction (like the one I already did an year ago) but I am expecting the functionality to be available within weeks. I will post an announcement here with some sample when this is ready.

Best regards,

Emil

emil_aleksandrov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

We have enabled PAL on free HANA Cloud Platform Trial landscape some weeks ago and here is blog that can guide you.

Best regards,

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

I got really excited about your news, but for me, something is still not working.

I'm using SAP Predictive Analysis. It has 2 modes, where the data is coming from:

-Connect to SAP HANA

-Download from SAP HANA

As a simple test, I want to do a linear regression on my test data. If I'm doing this locally ( Download) then it works fine. If I'm doing it via connecting to SAP HANA, I'm getting the same exception like before: "invalid name of function or procedure: AFL_wrapper_generator"

Based on my understanding, this mode tries to run the analysis on the HANA server itself and it needs the PAL libraries. (I'm still using the free trial of the HANA)

Am I missing something, or my HANA instance still don't support PAL?

Regards,

Adam

emil_aleksandrov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Can you please check if the blog works for you? If you are able to do the ABC there then the issue is with the compatibility of SAP Predictive Analysis and Trial specific and we can investigate it further.

Best regards,

Emil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil

I am starting with PAL in SAP Hana cloud Platform.

Is there any alterations in number of arguments in creating the PAL procedure while working on HCP?

I find that when I am creating procedure as mentioned in the http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Predictive_Analysis_Library_PAL_en.pdf

i.e.

CALL SYS.AFLLANG_WRAPPER_PROCEDURE_CREATE (‘AFLPAL’, ‘AP’,‘<schema_name>’,'<procedure_name>', <signature_table>);

modified for the HCP i.e.

CALL "HCP"."HCP_AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR"(‘AFLPAL’, ‘AP’,‘<schema_name>’,'<procedure_name>', <signature_table>);

then it is showing

Could not execute 'CALL ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [1281]: wrong number or types of parameters in call: too many arguments: line 1 col 102 (at pos 101).

I am just wondering from where I can get the document regarding PAL in SAP Hana Cloud?

Please Help me on this Issue.

Thanks and Regards

Navneet Nandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Navneet,

I just found this link and might help.

Cheers

Answers (0)