SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchandise and Assortment Planning on Hana?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Someone told me now there is a new version of MAP, MAP on Hana.

Is it true? Is it have a new name module?

Where I can find more details about it?

Thanks in advanced.

KMT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

b_sholes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi KMT,

Yes there is a new solution whose name is SAP Planning for
Retail. SAP Planning for Retail is a HANA enabled application. It covers the Merchandise,
Financial, and Channel/Location planning aspects that retailers perform in their Pre-Season
and In-Season planning process.   If you have access to the Corporate Portal,
you can find further information there by searching for SAP Planning for Retail.
If you need any specific information, please let me know and I can help you
further. Just contact me at b.sholes@sap.com.

Thanks,

Bruce Sholes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

b_sholes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi KMT,

Yes there is a new solution whose name is SAP Planning for
Retail. SAP Planning for Retail is a HANA enabled application. It covers the Merchandise,
Financial, and Channel/Location planning aspects that retailers perform in their Pre-Season
and In-Season planning process.   If you have access to the Corporate Portal,
you can find further information there by searching for SAP Planning for Retail.
If you need any specific information, please let me know and I can help you
further. Just contact me at b.sholes@sap.com.

Thanks,

Bruce Sholes

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI KMT,

There was a Planning for Retail information sessions done a couple of weeks ago that is now available on-demand.  Register at this link and launch the webcast to watch the hour long presentation.

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=598849&se...

A better approach to Merchandise Planning with a focus on Customer Centricity

Date: April 11, 2013

Duration: 60 minutes

SAP® Retail Merchandise Planning is a Real Time (HANA based), centralized planning and simulation engine providing a single, central source for plan data. The system includes all the tools needed to plan and execute a comprehensive financial plan across all available selling channels. The application also helps ensure that your finance and merchandising departments, store operations, and trading partners are all planning and executing according to common objectives. By simulating sales, promotion, and markdown share, forecasting margin, purchase flow and inventory need across these channels, our customers will increase inventory turn, take less markdowns, and increase profitability.

You’ll also learn how to: 

• See a demonstration of our Excel interface to the input and reporting functions in Merchandise planning
  • Learn how HANA is used to provide all these capabilities in real time.
  • Hear how to define priority of calculations based on inventory planning method philosophy
  • Direct interaction with customers, to influence their shopping behavior at the point of decision with personalized one-to-one offers – in real time, across multiple channels
  • Understand Structured Top Down planning methods defining corporate goals, comp vs. non-comp sales targets and merchandise OTB by channel and country
  • Get an inventory of delivered content with the solution including best business practice templates

Speaker:

Barry Adam, Sr. Solution Manager, Customer Insight

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

As I could see, Planning for Retail uses the IP planning engine HANA enabled, isnt? (I could see from okp course from SAP and the webcast, planning function, aggregation levels, etc from IP).

But the front-end is not BW BEx, seems to be a new front-end developed in Excel.

So I guess Planning for Retail is in BW side (I mean, the planning engine, not referring to interfaces, OAPC, etc).

Am I right?

Thanks in advanced,

KMT

0 Kudos

Hi KMT,

Planning for retail is done in BI side, plan data is pushed to retail system and then procurement happens.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

hi Vikram,

In MAP, we set IP to execute planning functions.

In Planning for Retail, do we still use IP?

Thanks in advanced.

KMT