Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD FRESHER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir/Madam

i am Manas kumar just finished my course (SAP SD)...and now want to apply for sap job ,i have 3yrs exp in marketing (AUTOMOBILE Sector)...

Just i need to know the process to get into sap sd job as a fresher ...When i m coming to any job portal evry company asking for exp. people like min 3yrs exp in sap sd ...so getting scared after doing the course  because i m not experienced in sap sd ....so plz plz guide me further process to get in to any company as fresher ...

-What would be the Resume style ?

- What will be my preparation for sd (main topics)?

-How can i get Interview calls as Fresher ?

-what would b my main Objective while preparing for Interviews ?

-preparation process for interview ..?

Plz Guide me ...Need help ...

Thank You ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Very much Mr Sai Krisna & Mr. Chirag for your Valuable response...Your answers is helpful for my future ...just curious to know following ..

What r the main Topics in SD to prepare for interview like pricing and what r the other topic interviewer gives more emphasize ..by which i can give more imp to those subjects or topics ?

Again Thank you ...

Waiting for Yr next response...

7 REPLIES 7

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

I can understand your situation. May I know from which institute you have done your SAP SD course? Was it from Atos or unauthorized institute?

If its from Auto's you will get some opportunities, but, you have to wait for a while. Frankly, the current market in India is not so bright. Even experienced people are having hard time to get the good break. Sincere suggestion, don't resign the current job.. continue to work and keep searching for SAP jobs.

Practice as much as possible in IDES, try to participate in SCN - SAP SD spaces.Understand the problems faced by others and resolutions given by the members.

All the best.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

First of all, congratulation for becoming a certified SAP consultant.

I suggest you to Surf through all the JOB portals, short list the job most appropriate for you.

The most IMP thing is DO NOT USE COMMON CV FOR APPLYING TO ALL THESE JOB.

Modify your CV for applying to each JOB keeping job description in mind. In other word as per Job description tailor-made your CV so that you get interview call for sure.

Instead of applying 1000 job with common CV apply only 10 most appropriate job with Tailor-made CV.

The second most IMP thing is NEVER USE WORD FRESHER.

Keep this statement in your mind that "No employer is willing to conduct a training institute."

You are a certified consultant, be confident and go KING SIZE.

Till the time you get your JOB keep sharing your knowledge and keep training your Juniors. This will help refreshing and gaining more knowledge.

Do not hesitate to ask any further questions.

Wish you all the very best.

Regards

Chirag Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Very much Mr Sai Krisna & Mr. Chirag for your Valuable response...Your answers is helpful for my future ...just curious to know following ..

What r the main Topics in SD to prepare for interview like pricing and what r the other topic interviewer gives more emphasize ..by which i can give more imp to those subjects or topics ?

Again Thank you ...

Waiting for Yr next response...

0 Kudos

Dear Manas,

I did my certification in FI module and I have no idea about SD curriculum.

Regards

Chirag

0 Kudos

Manas,

In interviews you might get questions as follows:

1. Can you explain a process in SD? and the configuration steps.

Important here is to first explain the business process.

Thereafter go in to SAP SD configuration steps. Also go in a structured manner e.g.

first sales related - sales document type, item category, schedule line category

second delivery related

third billing related

some add ons, that might impress the interviewer e.g. billing block or delivery block; output (print out or email) of the billing document; text at sales order line item level, if sales order line item has a special  material "Handle with care"

2. How does pricing work

Important first a general overview e.g. In sales order, when user gives customer, material etc. prices, discounts, surcharges, taxes etc. populate automatically. For these values to populate automatically SAP has given pricing.

Then the configuration, again in a structured manner

first, fields

second, tables

third, access sequence

fourth, condition types

fifth, pricing procedure

sixth, determination of pricing procedure

seventh, records

3. How does Credit management work?

4. Some questions about master data - What is Account assignment group of Material? What is payment terms?

5. Some questions on determination - What is the Shipping point determination? etc.

Key skills - Communication, Logical / analytical thinking, clear understanding because of strong preparation.

0 Kudos

Dear TW

I am Really appreciated with your feed back... definitely i will concentrate on your suggestions ...this is really awsm advice ...need to practice a lot and lot...need to do depth of the sea...

Thanking You

manas Kumar

former_member184893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the basic & important topics in  SAP SD are listed below:

1. Sales Overview process from Order to Cash

2. Master Data

3. Sales Document types controls, Item categories & Schedule line controls

4. Availability Check

5. Pricing

6. Delivery Processing including Picking, Packing & Post Goods Issue

7. Billing

Also  Focus on the Business scenarios such as domestic sales, export sales, STO ,Third party sales, Consignment sales, Intercompany sales etc.,

Thanks

Nayeem,.