Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run testpackage with external variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting error message as "Variants that Match Selection ECATTDEFAULT Cannot Be Found", while running test package as automatictest run using external variants.

I am using the external variants as the below format.

[VARIANT]                     [DESCRIPTION]HKONTWRBTRBLDATACCNT
*                             General Ledger AccountAmount in document currencyDocument Date in Document
*ECATTDEFAULT
Var1                 #501#5000#08.05.2013KRISH

Note: but while i execute individual test configuration with external variants it passed successfully.

Please give me a solution on regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Kajini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kajini,

Please check your Test configuration before execution. Check whether the external variant option is set.

if yes, than you will not face this issue.

Best Regards,

6 REPLIES 6

Wutschi
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are trying to use the variant ‘ecattdefault’ with your external values.

Ecattdefault is not a real variant, it is just displaying your default values from the eCATT script within the test configuration, it is also grayed out on the test configuration as it is just displaying your values from the eCATT script itself.

So you can’t use it with external values. You need to create a real variant on the test configuration and feed this variant with your values from the txt file.

Rgds

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian,

can u explain me on how to create the real variants in test configuration and how to feed the external values from the text file.as i am newbie for eCatt, i am struggling to find out it.

Regards,

Kajini.

0 Kudos

Hi Kajini,

Please check the below link (i.e. Test Configuration) and hope it will be helpful for you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40c2b4f0-15b9-2e10-51af-aa732605a...

Regards,

Ananth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for the excellent ECatt document.

Its really useful.

Best Regards,

Rajini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kajini,

Please check your Test configuration before execution. Check whether the external variant option is set.

if yes, than you will not face this issue.

Best Regards,

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

- Download the variant from the test configuration which will be a .txt file

- convert the .txt file into a .xls file to make it easier to add variants or values

- update the excel and change the file type back to .txt

- copy the text file into the path mentioned in the path of the test configuration

- update the path to like the file to the file just copied

- In the variant tab check combo box for external variant

- execute the script

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Aj