cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour Report Symbol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I wanted to print the Batch Number in Red Color. For the same i have written following code and formatted symbol in Red Colour as shown below..

61.jpg

zoom view of above screen shot

63.jpg

here in output i am getting Batch Number in Black Color only which I am expecting in Red Color

Output

62.jpg

Also notice oen point, the Descriptor Symbol ( Please See MSDS .....) this line is coming in Red but not the parameter symbol.

Can anybody guide me here..

Thanking you,

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol.

Pleaese check SAP note 678158.

Best regards,

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

thanks. This should solve the issue of Amol.

Dear Amol

sorry i did not find this oss note but it is the right one

C.B.

PS: by the way: some similar discussion is documented here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3187274

with the same reference to the OSS Note

http://stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=678158

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I amy be wrong too. But just a check. Find ur wwi settings in the report template and look for condition text. The default setting is in red. If we change it to black, we might get it.

Regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

really strange. As you have shown: any "formating" like  "bold, italic, character size" etc. is working but not the color... this is my last "option": can you format the line using WinWord layout formats (using your own one; name the "style" e.g. "Color" and apply ths style to the whole line) and try it again? if it does not work: please start OSS. dialog, The "color" of characters are normal formating options in WinWord and should be supported in WWI as well.

C.B.

PS: can you please use a different report symbol (may be standard symbol identifier); etc. Your symbol seems to be "customer" oriented; can you check WWI.InI; may be there is a "flag" somethere hindering to get the color in the document

PPS: could you please use only a phrase symbol with "red" format; it should really work; no clue whya it does not work (as bold, iatlic etc. is working)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding Zoom View of code..which shows that, Batchnumber is in Red..

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

Try these options:

1.) Separate the symbol in one line (which should later show up in Red); check if the data will show up in red

2.) Try the same: use the same symbol once again and make it "bold, italic etc." I would be interested to know which effect will happen if the symbol is on "one" line (without header)

I would assume there is nothing you can do here in "WWI.INI" to support your demand.

It seems to be that you "hardcoded" the text "Batchnumber" in WWI. Try it with a phrase, It would be interesting to know if later the whole will work (and you are more flexible regarding translations)

To my experince there is now problem in formatting if the symbol is "alone" in one line. Please try this as well:

Generate a table like:

Phrase ID (Batchnumber)Symbol for Batch number

and "hide" the frame in Word. May be this will help.

May be think about using "styles". E.g. if you refer to:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2871f60a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

Referring to this section:

When formatting your WWI report templates (layouts), make sure that the format for text in western languages and text in complex fonts is consistent. To do so, make sure that the settings for the font style (bold, italics) and font size in the font dialog box are identical.

May be check:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3327381

You have very often such interesting/nice (not easy to solve ones) problems/issues with WWI.  And they are so "close" to reality. I hope that my suggestions will help.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

In order to test your suggestions, I have created one simple tempate which is having just one report symbol as shown below,

In order to check the Font issue, first line is in Aerial and 2nd line is in Times New Roman, still output is same in black color.

One this is that, formatting 'Bold' is working. 2nd line is coming as Bold but not color.

Can you please advise further..

Thanking you,

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Please hold for sometime... as i think i may get a solution in sometime..

I will update the thread accordingly.

Regards

Amol

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

seems to me the paragraph mark is formatted as black, not bold, not italic. Try to format that as well in red. If it doesn't work, I recommend, like Christoph, to use a table and format the whole line with this symbol in red.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

anything new on your side? In your first examplethe whole symbol was red; the second one is only partly red. But as we know that formatting is working (as it is bold nin your last example)) I am "surprised"; The proposal of Ralph might be helpful as well; I assume: you have not used any "hidden" text/Symbol? If you do not get the solution I propose to start OSS dialog.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph, Ralph,

Thanks a lot for the input.

As suggested by Ralph, I even made the paragrah mark in red but still it is coming black only.

Regards

Amol