cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename personal sub area in HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to rename my personal sub area in sap .

I am new to HCM . Can anyone help in this ?

That personal area is attached to many personal areas so I want impact of text change on personal sub area assigned to every PA.

Thanks

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly this is not a question that should be posted to Travel management forum. Please use the correct forum for any qustions that are not related to travel management.

To answer your question - Text change will not have any impact on the solution. However if the development team have hard-coded the personnel subarea text (which is not a good practice) in any of the programs then the program/report will not work. Also if there are reports that output Personnel subarea then it will show the new text.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option  is to download /upload  the entries  via se16  and then capture all entries in the transport. 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you got the LSMW solution for the same.

I tried it with LSMW but I was unsuccessful in it.

If you got this solution or any other better solution for this then please let me know.

Regards

Arpit Tyagi

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As such there is no impact. You can simply logon to SPRO > Enterprise Structure > HR > PA / PSA. Change the Name as your business requirement is and capture it in a Transport. Also go to assignment of PA / PSA and check for that newly Text Changes PA / PSA and do that assignment once again. You should be ok with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapas, Thanks for replying. I have more thn 50 odd Personal areas where this sub personal area is used with wrong text. Do you know any tcode or table through which i can do mass chages for all PA's.

or do i have to do it one by one ?

Regards

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you will have to change these manually in the table for each otherwise you can create a LSMW but if it is only 50 then I suggest change it manually in the table.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hahahahahah.. Unfortunately One by One dear.. No short cut. BUt make sure you check thoroughly one by one. This is very important.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAn you help me with the LSMw for this. I tried the LSMW for the same but was unsuccessful for the same. Kindly help.