cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects 4.0 SP6 not working with Internet Explorer 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

BO 4.0 SP6 should fully support IE 10. I am using IE 10 on a Windows 7 machine, but like on SP5 it's not working correctly, weird drop down boxes are shown in launch pad and so on.

Is there anything else to do to get it working, any experiences?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same issues. We upgraded from SP05 patch 1 to SP06 and Launchpad is acting weird in IE10. It is working fine with Firefox but in IE 10 we are experiences issues with the report panel not show reports and the top header window that displays our logo and preferences and Applications is missing.

We have a similar architecture Windows Server 2008r2, client machines running Windows 7 with Java version 7 and Tomcat6.

Let me know if you have a fix. My client is ready to roll back on SP06.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same question - have you tried to re-deploy BOE apps to tomcat manualy, usinf wdeploy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For whatever reason I am unable to use the Wdeploy tool. I am getting errors on the server I just installed SP6. "error occurred during action deploy all"   

Need to investigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got Wdeploy to work and it took down the Environment. Can't even get the log in screen for CMC or Launchpad. It is hanging there. Great I hope a repair install works here.

Don't do Wdeploy

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after wdeploy, it'll take tomcat some time to start serving apps again. check CPU usage - you'll see tomcat utilizing a lot, once it comes down apps will be available.

p.s.

do not panic

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey steven, thank you very much for sharing your experience, please let me know when you got IE 10 working with SP 6. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

After everything with the Wdeploy it is worse now. I am able to log in but now I don't have any header.

No 'Home', 'document'. I can't even log off

Attached screenshot

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case your best option is to raise a support Incident with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick Update. We opened a case with SAP and it was determined that if we entered the <IP address>/BOE/BI it rendered fine. No issues. Also if we put the <FQDN>/BOE/BI instead of just the <host name>/BOE/BI it worked great no issues. SAP can't figure out why the it renders differently with the host name so we worked on a workaround and did a URL redirect on the server.

Not sure if this helps at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for letting us know! seems like we have the same behaviour

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

This is my first response to the issue. We have been struggling with this problem too because a work around for BO 4 and patch 16 was to lower the level of Java which was a concern with our security team. They want us to run Java 7.51. So we installed BO 4 SP6 (DEV) and started seeing this problem with the screens not appearing correctly and some variables getting lost on reports.In the meantime we were able to use Chrome with Java 7.51 to keep BO 4 with Patch 16 (PRD) working and lessen the security risk. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

We had similar issues and concerns with environment issues and security concerns with Java. We finally upgraded to 4.1, which went rather smooth because it laid right on top of 4.0 and we have been really grateful that we did. We have been without issues for a over a month now.

Just food for thought, -Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

Would you mind elaborating on your desktop configurations? We are rolling on Windows 7, with Java 7.51 and IE 10 as the standard desktop.  

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certainly Matt,

I am also are on Windows 7 and we increased our Java version to 7.51 (which I think 4.1 needs to be at least 7.45) with IE 10 as the supported browser.

hope this helps

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys - I just closed my support case.  Per support & our resolution, Launch Pad (BI 4.0 SP06) does not render well (not supported) in Compatibility View. ... and Launch Pad was rendering in Compatibility View by default. From IE10, Tools, Compatibility View settings, we removed web sites (such as our DNS and hostname) and, more importantly, unchecked "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View”.  … Launch Pad renders fine. … tbd if issue with other intranet sites.

0 Kudos

Hi ALL ,

Iam using IE 8 and its blocking all tht time when ever I am going for new report or editing the report and sometimes when every I am saving its throwing this pop up do I need to upgrade to IE 10

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ghafoor,

What JRE version do you use? Please refer following SAP KBA and a Java artilce.

1487414 - Setting Java Security On New Web Intelligence Reports

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_mixedcode.xml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sohel

0 Kudos

Thanks A Lot Sohel, its working fine now till now I haven't got any blocking popup... 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clay,

Thanks for that information, we had the same problem, "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" was checked. Unfortunately we need that setting for many other pages.

Is there a way to get IE 10 working with the activated setting "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans - since my June post, I found a way / better way. Leave "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" checked, but change the Browser Mode in IE's Developer Tools from "IE10 Compatability" to "IE10" when surfing to LaunchPad.  You can open IE's Developer Tools with F12.  My list of probs in IE10 Mode include (1) no drag-n-drop in Web Modify & (2) can't type constants in Query Filters so far, but LaunchPad behaves much better in IE10 Mode vs IE10 Compat View.  Quickly, I saw no advantages to running IE10 in IE9 or IE8 mode.  I plan on looking closely @ upgrading to 4.1 SP2 when it comes out ~Nov cause of 4.0's issues w IE10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clay,

Thanks for the F12 hint. Unfortunately I found out that even in IE10 mode some things are not working. One example: In Launch Pad, right click at a WebI Report, choose properties, click Save & Close to close that window. It's impossible to close that window in my case, i have to reopen launch pad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans, we are seeing the same issue as you and we were told from SAP that it will be fixed in 4.0 SP8 here is the ADAPT number: ADAPT01698197

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We are having huge problems with the incompatibility with IE10.

Does anybody know if BO 4.1 is working without all that problems? When is SP8 coming out?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans.  I plan to do my diligence on BI4.1 SP2 in late Nov.  I think the lack of posts on MktPlace & SCN gives me some assurances that BI4.1 behaves better with IE10.  Hopefully, someone else with 4.1 will respond. Market Place shows 4.0 SP8.0 is scheduled for 1st week in Nov release.  From your 10.22 post, I'll add the properties problem to the list I started in my 10.17 post.  The trick I use there is to refresh the browser with F9 or ...  Make sure to save/close other reports & leave just the Home & Document tabs.  Keep me posted if you install 4.0 SP8.  I'd give you SCN points if I could. :>)  thx, Clay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told that BO 4.1 sp2 should address this issue and No I have no idea when SP8 is coming out. We are waiting patiently on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What concernes me is the following restriction in the PAM

"Internet Explorer Compatibility View is supported with BI 4.1 SP01+, except Analysis edition for OLAP does not support Compatibility View in IE10."

We are usting IE10 in compatibility mode per group policy. Anyone knows details about that restriction?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven - Looks like BI 4.0 SP8 was released for download yesterday.  ... and release notes were updated too.  I see the ADAPT you mention plus ...  Keep me posted if you install 4.0 SP8.  thx, Clay  https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001253212012E/xi4_release_notes_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys - Almost 2 weeks since I "updated" from 4.0 SP6 to 4.1 SP2 ... and the behavior problems with IE10 are resolved!  includes in IE10 mode and IE10 Compatibility mode.  Our group policy is also IE10 Compat mode "for intranet sites".  One power user who upgraded to IE11 days ago (:>P) says he's fine. We do not deploy Analysis edition for OLAP.  Clay

0 Kudos

This info was useful for me on IE11. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro.  I think you'll find the post below more helpful.  Clay

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3479910

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution worked in our environment.

Thanks,

Irfan Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Internet Explorer 10 is supported only with BI4.0 SP06 and BOXI3.1 SP06

Could you please check this KBA:

1836719 - Is Internet Explorer 10 supported in any version of Business Objects

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1836719

Could you please try compatibility mode? Also, please upgrade your Java version.

If there is any issue, could you tell me the exact behavior?

Thanks and regards,

Wafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I wrote, we are using BI 4.0 SP6, we installed it because of the IE 10 support. We are using Java 6, but also this should be supported according to PAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Internet Explorer 10 may not be working properly depending on the Web Application server and the OS version.

If a proxy is used, you may need to check the behaviour without it.

Thanks & regards,

Insaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Windows Server 2008R2 on the server and on the client Windows 7, our application server is tomcat 6. According to the PAM IE 10 is supported on these environments. No proxy used.

Do we have to deploy something new? We just executed the SP6 update.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to re-deploy BOE apps to tomcat using wdeploy tomcat6 depoyall.