Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accad for SAPGUI

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have users all round the globe and already have WAN Accelerators (not the Accad though) that are helping us for the web applications (like SAP Portal etc). I understand in principle the WAN accelerators work the same way though SAP's Accad is touted to be perform better for SAP applications.

I had a few questions if someone could help me

1) Can we make use of Accad for accelerating Windows SAPGUI connections?  The FAQ says yes but how does that work? Could you point me to some documentation and case studies and customer experiences if possible please?

2) Is Accad for SAPGUI considered to produce same results as for Web based traffic?

3) I read in some documentation that for Accad to accelerate SAPGUI, there should be no encryption enabled. But this is the age of information security where all customers are looking to encrypt network communication (vis a vis SNC etc). Could you help how we can keep the encryption and still accelerate SAPGUI traffic?

Thanks

Chandrakanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all let me introduce myself, my name is Smadar Ludomirski and I am the solution manager of AccAD.

Let me try and answer your questions:

We have users all round the globe and already have WAN Accelerators (not the Accad though) that are helping us for the web applications (like SAP Portal etc). I understand in principle the WAN accelerators work the same way though SAP's Accad is touted to be perform better for SAP applications.

[Smadar] this is correct we have what is known as SAP Specific Optimizations which ensure additional WAN optimizations for several SAP applications which we create by sitting directly with the different application groups to recognize potential pain points and areas that can be improved.

I had a few questions if someone could help me

1) Can we make use of Accad for accelerating Windows SAPGUI connections?  The FAQ says yes but how does that work? Could you point me to some documentation and case studies and customer experiences if possible please?

[Smadar] AccAD does provide acceleration for SAPGUI (Windows) through its advanced OOEM offering.  We are currently engaged in a partner program in which advanced AccAD is OOEMed to leading network providers to allow for a holistic solution with minimal TCO and administration.  We currently have the first partner contract in place, with Radware one of the leading ADC providers (well known for its Alteon LB).  The OOEM product is known as FastView for SAP offering a combination of the Alteon and AccAD for full Data reliability and WAN optimization.  FastView for SAP provides the SAPGUI for Windows WAN optimization.  You can get additional information by contacting me directly (s.ludomirski@sap.com) or on the AccAD scn home page.

2) Is Accad for SAPGUI considered to produce same results as for Web based traffic?

[Smadar] Yes, as in the web based traffic we aim to provide near LAN like results for SAPGUI as well

3) I read in some documentation that for Accad to accelerate SAPGUI, there should be no encryption enabled. But this is the age of information security where all customers are looking to encrypt network communication (vis a vis SNC etc). Could you help how we can keep the encryption and still accelerate SAPGUI traffic?

[Smadar] There are currently some discussed options, please write me directly so we can examine your use case further

Thanks

Chandrakanth

[Smadar] Please feel free to contact me for any additional questions or comments.

BR,

Smadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrakanth,

May I ask where is the link to the FAQ?

I don't think AccAD can accelerate SAPGUI for Windows connections.

It can only work for HTTP/s connections, which includes SAPGUI for HTML.

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Gordon

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7706#section66

I also had the same understanding . So is it right that SAPGUI on Windows based traffic cannot be accelerated by WAN Accelerators like SAP Accad or Riverbed?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No this is not true in regards to SAP AccAD.

Please see my answer below.

Kind Regards,

Smadar