cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pestilence when transporting MIME objects...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis gurus,

I will trade to SAP_ALL for 1 month without audit problems against a solution to this problem..  🙂

We have MIME objects in a registered namespace with PDF files attached to then. In an ABAP application, the user can read the PDF documentation by clicking on a button which opens the MIME object. OK.

Now with SP versions of the application, we transport new MIME objects with the same name but new file. Source system side we delete the MIME object and create a new one with the same name but the new file.

But then this happens:

IO with GUID E2A991A47F2F0DF1943F00155D011C00 has been renamed to Xiting_Times_Locking_Tool.pdf.BAK2 in the target system

The SKWF caches have been successfully invalidated

We import with "overwrite originals" but even then the blasted thing gets renames to .BAK1, .BAK2 etc... and the button opens the oldest document (we are not transporting deletions intentionaly as we wanted to have version management, but for the same MIME object name).

Question: what is the correct approach to transporting MIME objects, or must we dynamically adapt our code? We could concatenate 'BAK' num until it reaches the highest BAP number and then use that one, but that seems a bit silly as the "BAK" are the real ones and not the versions or the "backups".

What are we doing wrong here or is this just a feature of MIME objects that developers must compensate for?

Any basis tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is SAP note 1553061 implemented in your system? Apart from including some version, timestamp, etc. in the filename (making it unique) or creating unique IDs for different versions of the MIME objects, I'm not aware of any other way. The logic that is applied in your scenario can be found in the function module SKWF_TP_NMSPC_CHECK_AFTER_IMP.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1553061

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli,

This "rename to child" subroutine is my problem actually.

I tried it on various releases. Depending on the note it behaved inconsistently and so I need to export code which is release and SP compatible for the import target system ( I cannot control that, but it must be 7.00 onwards).

My colleague Otto Gold lets me that it is common in Java (where you get to move a lot of files around..) to use a customizng table to point to the correct logical document and transport that with the application configuration and physical file.

That seems to be the safest and most unique bet, unless some ninja jumps in and gives us all a Chuck Norris round-house-kick...  😉

Anyone else any ideas or experiences from transporting MIME objects?

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (0)