Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch determination issue for some materials

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For one material A, i am getting batch is determined.in delivery automatically.

For 2nd material B , not getting batch detrmined automatically.Needs to select manually.What might be the reason ?

1. maintained batch search strategy via VCH1 material wise

2. Material 2 is fully copied wrt material A.

( Batch mgt active in Sales:General Data , plant storage 1 view )

( material class type , class & char.maintained under classification tab)

Sachin  K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos
deepabalu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please mention the Selection Type is used to start the Batch determination in condition record for material A and material B (Blank, N, O, F).

Also check the Shelf Life Exp. Date and Batch Status in MSC3N for the above mentioned batches in the search criteria.

Regards,

Deepa

deepabalu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by you,

For one material A, i am getting batch is determined.in delivery automatically.

For 2nd material B , not getting batch detrmined automatically.Needs to select manually.What might be the reason ?

This states that Batch Determination is configured correctly.

Have a look at the stock in MMBE for the material B because Automatic Batch Determination may have impact on the availability of stock.

Regards,
Deepa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the strategy is SD01 customer/material, so it is possible that it works for material A but not for material B.

The screen shot of the selection log shows everything in red. so if all batches are excluded, then no batch is left to be selected.

Hence I still believe SAPs error messages and think that the values of the selection do not meet the values from the batch classification.

Is there a shelf life expiration date in the batch (general data) and characteristic view?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

in analysis at delivery

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

directly left of your pop-up is a big button for selection criteria, click it and compare it with the characteristics of the batch in MSC3N.

MAybe post both screen shots,

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen L ,

checked it. in VCH2, i have not maintained any char.value. as batch is selected wrt manufacturing date.FIFO method.. wrt expiry date of batch,.

In selection criteria in delivery , i am getting char,value. However in MSC3N no values.

i dont think this is necessary to compare char in Batch and maintained under VCH2.

b'cause in VCH2 , only char maintained materialwise is wrt expiry date

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

Check transaction VCH1/VCH3.

Here batch search strategy is defined/viewed.

Explore the transaction.

There is option of setting up a batch strategy at plant sloc level or plant sloc material level

Hope this will be of use to you,

<removed by moderator>

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

In addition to checking the " Batch Management" box, did you assign the class type for the material?

Cheers,

Krishna Vadlapatla

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

yes it is assigned

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

MSC1N maintained.

check box is already activated.

still not getting.

sachin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the delivery, you have a tab for batch split. there you have 3 buttons for new batch determination, change batch determination and display batch determination.

There you can usually analyze why your batch determination does not find anything.

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

plz find screenshot

deepabalu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the material B is batch managed?

You can check - MM03>Enter material Code > Sales : General / Plant Tab > Batch Management check box is checked or not.

Regards,

Deepa

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

If you have activated the Batch management indicator in the Material master ,then check whether the batch for the particular material, storage location and plant  has been maintained in MSC1N.

Regards,

Saritgopi