cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import an values to BCS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can i import an values in excel to BCS automatically every mouth? I have a excel liste, i wanna import those values to BCS.

Thanks

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene and another Developer!

I solved already! I think, I should open new topic about that my new case.

Regards

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right!

But, before you do this, please, reveal what helped you and what you did in order to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt ignored your ask Eugene!! You solved my problem very well!! Thanks you very much!! and also another developers!

My test system isn't copied from Development system. I checked Client-logs and by t-code SCC3. just Cancelled it. That's work now!

Regards

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think, we discussing different issues.
In my excel file there are 10 Key Figures and are years and values against key figures. In the following I have presented the Screenshot as shown, I want to transfer the values in SEM-BCS every mouth automatically. I have transferred it on FLATFILE but it seems they are too complicated. How can I transfer these values? Could you take an account of the Table in the following, please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me, it looks like a question that has NOTHING in common with what was discussed earlier in this thread.

Have you solved the problem with your TEST system? Please give us, at least, ANY feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

there are two possible reasons:

1. Some permanent parameters are not set (Dan's version).

2. Configuration (or transport to QA or Prod) is not finished properly (my version).

So, please provide more information to us. (I hate quessing when there is not enough info))))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur anwer.

When I used t-codes UCWB, i got a a screen like that. I dont know next step what i should to do.

Regards

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

My German is very primitive (some basics from the school).

In what I understand I see that you have two positions in the UCWB menu:

- data basis and

- consolidation area, right?

Is it Development, Test or Productive system?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use UCWB you must enter the parameters, including cons area,version, year, period, group currency, for which you are trying to load data. If this is not yet configured it must be configured before data may be loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah u are right, Data basis and consolidation area. that's our Test System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If in the Development system you see the whole bunch of items in the menu ))) and in the test  - just two rows - it's the wrong transport from DEV to QA.

It this is a case, the you may look at the threads of the last 10 days - this theme was dicsussed recently.

If I'm wrong - then please post more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I get your Private Email? or Skype? 

Thats my Skype: sashatul83

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NOTE: Private communications excludes other users of the forum the benefit of such issues and their resolutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I that that my mail was visible.

You also can knock to me in Skype: just as you see my name and surname divided bu a point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Dan is right!

Let discus it in the forum!

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO your email is invisible on your SCN Profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

switching to EN in logon screen will make your screenshot display in English.

what you got is a screen telling you there has been no configuration done in the system.

the first step is to configure the data basis.

feel free to update the wiki with what you see as you go along, but please check step 2 in here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/1.1.1+SEM-BCS+Configuration+in+BW+and+ECC

i apologize for the offensive colors used in the wiki page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got a like that screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sascha, again, what is the system, Test or Dev?

If Test - it's a wrong transport - please look at the thread refreshed recently:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1471980

If Dev - then do the left mouse click, type in the name of the Consolidation Area and configure it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

in test system, first i wanna try in test system, is that wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not wrong.

It was clarification.

Now, I would recomend you to read again my messages:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene

Thanks for your recommends, finally i have found the screen. But I dont know how to end this process and how to continue it in detail. I have searched all your Links in detail. But I didn't understand all of them well. So could you give me the details step by step.

Thanks a lot

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sascha,

Again, for the confirmation - we are talking about the TEST system Iwith two rows in the menu), right?

In the Dev system you have the many-many rows in UCWB menu, right?

If yes+yes, then I posted already the link to the information about BCS' transport specifics: there is a predefined sequence of little transport requests in BCS, that should be made in order to have in QA / PROD the proper configuration. If you do not have an aceess to the transport system (or do not have knowledge of this), then, you'd better apply to the Basis guys.

Just show them the notes I recommended and the threads were I described the sequence of import of transpor requests.

emily_ji01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sascha

From your screen the sem-bcs's environment is not complete.

I think there may be problem when you do client copy. Your test system is copied from Development system?

Please check the client copy log.

Please check by t-cd SCC3 and in client copy log if the client copy's status is "Cancelled".

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the BCS workbench - transaction code UCWB - there is a data collection method for flexible upload capability. This can be for reported data, documents or master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for you helpful answer. Have you got any details docu about that case?

Regards

Sascha

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is fairly well spelled out in the SAP Help for BCS:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60/helpdata/en/62/f7e73ac6e7ec28e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

If for reported data or documents, the flexible upload must be configured and assigned to a method and the method assigned to a task in the task hierarchy.

For master data the execution occurs directly in the workbench by right clicking on the flexible upload method and choosing execute. Once executed for master data it is important to save the uploaded data before exiting the screen, otherwise the uploaded data is not saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos
dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene!

I got your message about how to capture correct URL, and tested it successfully. I think in the older version of Internet Explorer I had been using this did not work for me.

Thanks again, Dan