cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Upload to Create Item Template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying for the mass creation of the Items as well as Item Templates. I got the standard available Program for uploading Excel to create Item, and failed to find one for creation of Templates!!! As far as I understand now, there is no program as such to create templates through Excel (correct me if wrong).

I was thinking to create a custom upload program to suffice my requirement, for the same I require experts help. Can anyone guide me to go head, in-terms of technical aspects(like, if there is a BADI to modify std. Item program or so...).

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

I am not totally sure that it is not possible with the normal excell that creates item.. But really i have never tested it.

My understanding is that item templates are objects similar to items but they have the field  item Classification= 4 ( template) instead of empty (item). Also they can have the flag " global template" selected if they are global.

Item classification is field : iTEM_CLASS

Global template IS_GLOBAL

Could you try to add these fields in the settings for " configure fields for mass import" and check if the appears in the excell?

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. It was really a help. I tried for the suggested config. Actually for the Item work-sheet in the F4 help (which refers to RPM_TS_DX_ITEM structure) for new entries I don't get the options of ITEM_CLASS & IS_GLOBAL fields only. 

I tried filling the values forcibly & saved but the RPM_DX_ITEM transaction resulted with no fields added!(.

Could you guide me if there is a way out further by checking the functionality once.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

Sorry but if this is not work it is possible this option is not good.

You can try this option:

1) create the item using excell

2) create the template copying the previous item

3) delete the item

Not sure if the step 2 it is possible and not sure if this is good for you.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Clara.

I have the same problem.

I can't find a program or function to create a Template Item from a Item.

Do you have any solution for step 2?

Are there  any enhasement point in the upload program to set the item Class = 4?

Many thank's

Claudio