Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Reports - Scenario does not exist

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I hope you are doing well. 

We are using the MSS Add-on for EhP6.  We are experiencing a problem when we run MSS Report Launchpad reports.  The error message we are getting

is shown below.

When I run the reports we specified in the backend using PWPC_RPT_START_REPORT_TEST, they all run successfully.  I have followed the recommendation in the link below to ensure all those settings are correct (points 1 - 5 doesn't apply as we are using the MSS Add-on with EhP6).

I debugged the program linked to transaction HRMSS_LAUNCH_ITS (specified in transaction LPD_CUST, role MSS instance ITS_NAV) when the report is called and none of the parameters are being passed to program RP_MSS_LAUNCH_ITS which renders the ITS reports.  So I think I found the reason for it showing this error, but I have no idea how to get it to pass these parameters.

As an extra test I also tried running both the HRMSS_OADP_REPORTING and HRMSS_REPORTING_LAUNCHPAD through SE80 and noticed a short dump saying: The SM59 alias "SAP_ECC_HumanResources" (or "SAP_ECC_HumanResources_HTTP" or "SAP_ECC_HumanResources_HTTPS") is invalid or not of destination type "H".  I found this link on SDN which explains that the RFC connections need to be setup in SM59 in order for this problem to be rectified.  We created the RFC connections for both SAP_ECC_HumanResources and SAP_ECC_HumanResources_HTTP, but the problem still exists.

Do any of you have any pointers?  Points will be awarded.

Thanks

Gustav Coleske

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

To all interested parties.  SAP provided Note 1879243 which gives a few pointers.  I managed to run the reports using NWBC 4.0, but not via my browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav,

We also got the reply from SAP to use the note,- "1879243 MSS Launchpad not working after upgrade" and our problem is resolved now. Just adding the solution part from the note 1879243.

Solution

For the Solution, please perform the following manual steps

1) Launch Tcode: LPD_CUST

2) Edit the following configuration

Role: MSS

instance: ITS_NAV

3) To the right of the screen under Advanced Parameters there is button

with three dots beside the Application Parameter input field. ( Please

refer to the document in the attachment section for the visual reference ).

4)Pressing the button will open a dialog window with the list of

Parameters.

5) Change the following Target parameters to capital letters as shown

below.

a) guid_32 change to GUID_32

b) begda change to BEGDA

c) endda change to ENDDA

6) Save and close the configuration.

7) Perform the same changes for the launchpad configuration

Role: MSS

Instance: ITS_NAV1

Thanks and Regards,

Suman I Kurian

ssharma28
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I am also facing same error.

I have changed the parameters to upper case in ITS_NAV even then i am getting the same error.

Thanks,

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

paste your error screen shot here ....

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

issue was fixed in  1594921.>> I think you should be on higher SP level

request you to use the Report RP_MSS_CONVERT_MDT_TO_LPD_CUST to repopulate the MDT entries for the scenario type, role and the instance you're using for reporting in the

tcode: lpd_cust.

. You can see this by running report HRWPC_RPT_FCODES_READ for

RPT0.

in standard we deliver this Menu: MSS, Instance: REP

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks for the reply and your advice.

I checked our SP level and we are two levels higher than what is specified in 1594921.

I ran report RP_MSS_CONVERT_MDT_TO_LPD_CUST and it created the same reports for me with the suffix (NEW_MDT_ENTRIES).  When I click on any of these reports I get the same error "Scenario does not exist".

Do you have any other pointers?

Regards

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to add to the list of steps we performed:

1. We ran report FPB_LP_WRITE_ENTRIES.
  2. We ran transaction PWPC_CONV_MDT_TO_LPA.
  3. Went through the IMG path SPRO->Personnel Management->Manager Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP)->Reporting->Use Manager's Desktop Entries to Create Launchpad Entries (which incidentally runs the program you mentioned called RP_MSS_CONVERT_MDT_TO_LPD_CUST).
  4. Went through the IMG path SPRO->Personnel Management->Manager Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP)->Reporting->Configure Reporting Lauchpad.
  5. Selected the Role/Instance combination of MSS/REP (Standard Role/Instance for reports as you mentioned).
  6. Checked the FPM configuration of the WDA application HRMSS_REPORTING_LAUNCHPAD and confirmed that the Role/Instance combination configured is also MSS/REP)
  7. Checked the iView to ensure that it points to the HRMSS_OADP_REPORTING config.
  8. Checked the WDA application HRMSS_OADP_REPORTING and confirmed that it points to Role/Instance of MSS/ITS_NAV.
  9. I noticed that the Scenario, FCode and FType are blank.  I assume this is correct as it is suppose to take the parameters from the configuration we have set up.
  10. We setup two RFC connections of type H in SM59.  One with alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources and one with SAP_ECC_HumanResources_HTTP.  The SAP_ECC_HumanResources is what we have defined in our LPD_CUST launchpad config.  The Path Prefix for the RFC connection is /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui.

Point 9 above is the only point I'm not sure is correctly setup in our system.  Is this the way it should be and do we need to define any additional RFC connections?

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you check in Systems in tcode: SMICM? As per note 1829703,. your connecitons seems correct

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/ab/b07737a2f540df97c61803

f8cd5579/content.htm

can you debug above FM and ensure you are using  MSS and REP? ie application parameters under this , you can see the scenario

Running FM HRWPC_RPT_FCODES_READ on your system will  gives us the following
entries for RPT0>> verify are these correctly set for scenario in LPD_CUST         after checking then you need to run report RP_MSS_CONVERT_MDT_TO_LPD_CUST for MSS / REP

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks for your helpful reply once again.  I have requested that the client raise an SAP Note for this problem. 

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav,

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

We are facing the same issue..... Please help

Thanks and Regards,

Suman I Kurian

Gustav1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

We got our client to raise an OSS Message for this one.  I have rolled off the project unfortunately, so I cannot say what SAP recommended or what the solution was.

Kind Regards

Gustav Coleske