cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize BPM task execution behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My question is - is there a standard way to customize task execution behavior in BPM (CE 7.3)?

There is BPM API which can be used to draw custom worklist and do other customization. But task execution itself remains the same: user clicks on task execution URL, then task UI opens in new window, user completes task and see message like "task xxxxxxxxxxx completed successfully", then he needs to close this window.

What I want to do: there is view with custom worklist, when user selects a task in it - task execution UI is drawn in another view nearby, without opening a new window, and without having "task xxxxx completed..." message in the end. And without auto-assigning a task to a user when he just opens it to take a look. Is this possible or not?

Thanks in advance,

Alexei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

Ok well the short answer is - not in 7.3.

But in 7.3 EHP1 yes - for a few reasons:

* Improved API

* Open Task UI - see Christian's blog - which means you can complete control the UI and write it in a wider choice of software e.g. HTML5, SAPUI5, other Java deployable solutions

* New SAP Approve All inbox - which supports multiple devices and is designed to work with BPM as well as backend SAP Business Workflows

Re the auto-assign, I believe we already have at least one idea in Idea Place asking for that to be changed - similar to the change made to workflow to make auto-assignment optional and configurable. You might want to promote it or create your own alternative idea.

Hope that helps somewhat,

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for the info!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed my custom UWL in WDJ where I am calling BPM public API's to claim()start() and putback() on open/exit buttons of the screen.

But when I complete the task(Approve button), i have completefireevent() configured which is asociated to my human task in BPM - which is not getting called and task still remains in inprogress state only.

Is it mandatory to complete task using complete() API if we have claimed through API??

Any suggestion would be of great help!!

Priya

Answers (0)