cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify few fields as view/read only in HRESS_C_W4 the W4 page of portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to make few fields as view or read only in the W4 service. We are on EHP6 and ABAP WD. We don't want to give access to employees to add/change/delete anything related to W4. I was able to hide the Save button, Delete button and also remove the Validity period section. However in the HRESS_C_W4 webb dynpro component there are some fields such as the filing status, declaration, exemption allowances, marital status etc. those are editable.

I tried to make it view only from V_W4 view in the layout editor. The read only icon for those fields are still greyed out in Enhancement mode. Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any  suggestions on this one ?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I did try to find , but couldn't find a solution

probably you need to use WD component configuration I guess or a badi to disable the edit for W4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth !

I will try and see if It will help.

Thanks

Sanghamitra

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks a lot ! This is very helpful, especially the User guide. I believe I can use the same logic/process to make those fields read only. Let me try this out. Thanks again

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Finally was able to resolve this by creating a custom component, custom OVP and assigning it to a custom application. I was able to make the fields read-only etc. with the custom component.

Thanks

Sanghamitra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

How did you hide the "SAVE" button in the W4 screen?

Thanks,

Carlos

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its through custom component configuration or through personalisation, you can try it?