cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCV in MDG and Change request Monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help in knowing what is use the BCV application in MDG , when it needs to be used?

and how to activate the Change request monitoring screen .

Regards,

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

The Business Context Viewer is a Web Dynpro ABAP application that provides analytic functions to other applications.In SAP Master Data Governance, you can link the Business Context Viewer (BCV) to a Web Dynpro application such as USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 and use it for single processing of master data objects.

For further Information go through the attached link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/31/cb210dd15c45caa2da97ccd6730566/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon61/helpdata/en/ad/737c35e75c41eaa85d487d37c4b386/frameset.htm

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your help. Can you tell on what case i should use this .

Can i use this to display the Workflow in Graphical manner.

i:e My CR Goes from A1 -> A2 -. A3.

Kind Regards,

Rupesh

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

you can use graphics that reflect the following evaluations in the evaluation list:

• My Change Requests
  • Change Requests with My Participation

Select a graphical display type, for example, a pie chart. Furthermore, you can display the side panel on your entire screen and display a combination of graphics and tables.

Further you can go through the links attached in the above Post.

regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Did you achieve to display the MDG Rule based workflow in graphical manner within the Side Panel?

If so, could you please share the approach?

Thank you,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have implemented the required BCV configurations to have the My Change Request Pie Charts in SAP MDG Screen.

However in the side panel the display names of the two Pie charts are not showing up.

For example in one of the Pie Charts , the description text instead of 'My Change Request' is displaying a technical name like '1MDG_EDTN_MY _CR'.

Can you please let me know what might be the reason for this as the Pie Charts are coming [properly but not the Proper description of the heading is coming but a technical name is coming instead as mentioned above.

Thanks

Avik

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the BF or BC sets related to pie charts are active and also authorization you have.

regards

shankar

Answers (0)