cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity planning in PM Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here there is a scenario for my client as follows.

We are doing maintenance activity in a plant, and there is a necessity of capacity planning.

In work center the start time and end time are mentioned as 09:00:00 and 17:00:00 (total 8 hrs er day).

After that we are using this work center in PM order in for an operation duration 10 hrs.

So while scheduling, if capacity is over loads, the distribution is taking place as 5 hrs for the first day and the remaining 5 hrs for the next day.

Ideally it should be 8 hours in first day and 2 hours in next day.

I have mentioned distribution key as SAP000 in WC capacity screen. But no change of distribution.

I dont know where and what I missed.

Please guide me to get the capacity distribution with 100% utilization of capacity.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the capacity load of that work center in CM01 / CM02 / CM03. Some other might have occupied the first 3 hours of that work center load.

What is the start time in this order for that operation??

Is there only one operation with that work center in that order or you have some other operations as well with same work center??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The capacity of the WC is not utilized by some other order.

The start time of the operation is 09:00:00, which is same as my WC start time.

If it is only one operation, the distribution is fine. But I am facing problem while maintaining 2

operations in the same PM order.

After scheduling, when I releasing the order, it is saying, capacity overload. If I chose for Detailed Info, it is showing as shown in the image.

Here

In Operation 0010 - 12 hrs

In Operation 0020 - 12 hrs

WC availability per day is 8 hrs.

So distribution should be

8 hrs for 17.05.2013 - Which is 100%

8 hrs for 18.05.2013 - Which is 100%

8 hrs for 20.05.2013 - Which is 100%

Over load - Nil

But it distributed as

6   hrs for 17.05.2013 - Which is 75%

12 hrs for 18.05.2013 - Which is 150%

6   hrs for 20.05.2013 - Which is 75%

Over Load - yes.

Please tell me where i am missing the settings. Solution will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

former_member221047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Correct the number of splits to 1 in the Formula tab of Scheduling and check if it works.

Best regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Can you please tell me where and how to maintain the splits in the formula tab of the scheduling.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Can you check whether you have flagged the "Relevant for finite scheduling" field under Capacity tab of Workcenter ?

Also, ensure that in OIOI, for "Capacity availability", "No check" box is unflagged (not selected).

Regards,

Balachandar L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In work center Relevant for finite scheduling is enabled. And in OIOI, Capacity Availability - No Check is not flagged. And also Capacity Profile also maintained.

Here the problem is while distributing the capacity of the work center, the total capacity is not utilizing 100%.

Example:

The work duration is 12 hrs in operation. Available capacity of the WC is 8 hrs per day.

Now the distribution is happening as 6 hrs for first day and remaining 6 hrs for the second day.

But how we need the distribution is 8 hrs in first day (To utilize the WC capacity 100% in first day) and  remaining 4 hrs in second day.

Hope I have clarified you regarding my issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

You can check few more things...

1) Check whether you had maintained the "Other formula" under Scheduling tab. If you have not maintained this, you need to maintain this as SAP004

2) If you already maintained this, check OPDU... what is the % maintained there ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other formula is maintained as SAP004 only.

And in OPDU the Performance Efficiency Rate Percentage  as 100 (Both for costing and Scheduling).

But still problem exist.

You can refer the below mentioned screen shot  and scenario for clarification.

Regards,

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please send screens-shots of the following work centre tabs:

• Capacities tab
  • Capacity Header tab
  • If used, the Intervals.Shifts screen
  • Scheduling tab

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following screen shots.

Here no intervals are being used. Hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you flag the "Can be used by several operations" field and check ?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you send screen-shots of the operation tab showing the Eariest/Latest dates/times as well as the operations and work fields.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am attaching two screen shot of two separate order.

In those two orders, for the same Work center, Operation Start / End Dates and Time are same. It says capacity overload. But if we do finite scheduling, those dates are not changing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Several operation check box is enabled. But still problem exist.

Regards,